General Cabling Help

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milosaurus

Reaction score
Hello :)

I am looking for some assistance on cleaning up the sound as much as possible on my current system.

I do some basic mixing on vinyl and have noticed that there is noise (heard on both headphones and main out) whenever I turn the gain up on my mixer. I understand this could be due to the actual machinery as I am using Numark TTX and TT500 as turntables (they are certainly no Technics SL1200s) and am using a Pioneer DJM250Mk2 mixer. However, there is the same amount of noise coming from both decks and I figured there may be some things I could do in the cabling department to clean things up - at least a bit.

With that in mind I am directly looking for some advise on:
[list type=decimal]
[*]What kind of multi-plug should I be using to reduce the noise on power delivery? I don't think my rats nest of surge protection Ellies is a helping me here.
[*]Where is the best place to source RCA cables? I need a grounded RCA (for one of the decks) and also just looking for better RCA -> RCA in general.
[/list]
Any tips on the best places to source higher quality cables and plugs in general would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Latest posts