Spotify vs Tidal - nonbeliever converted

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muddda

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

This is a follow on from my unlocking my dacs performance post.

I was convinced in the past that Spotify was the same as tidal, I mean Spotify used 320kbs mp3 right ? and tidal just had this thing called MQA, what is that anyway (I had no idea at the time)

So i used spotify and tidal ... and I hated tidal. The user interface experience compared to Spotify sucked (at least for me), music sounded the same to me. I cancelled my tidal subscription.

Then tidal sent me an email with a 4 month special for 40 bucks, and I thought, ja sure, I will try again ...

As you guys know, I discovered audirvana ... and then I did the a/b comparison again ...

O my word ... let me see if I can describe it... spotify is like having a painting and it looks good ... tidal is like having a photograph of the real thing , and the colors are amazing ...

I still like spotify, mainly because of its AI in helping you find similar new music to what you like to listen to, but tidal wins hands down on quality.

For background music, I think ill keep spotify, but for serious listening sessions, tidal + audirvana for the win ...

Have you guys had similar experiences ? Id be interested to hear your opinions ...

Latest posts