Author Topic: Akai AP 001 tonearm's antiskating setting  (Read 167 times)

Offline istju

Akai AP 001 tonearm's antiskating setting
« on: January 13, 2021, 12:38:54 PM »
Dear Sirs,
First of all I know/I red  that this tonearm is not a medium quality tonearm...a lot of people think it is pretty under the "good quality-good song" tonearm's class... it is  bad, it is ugly, it is not up to date, it is not expensive, but it is mine.
Till today I set antskating only "spring mechanism", I have not any experience of  a "weight/roope" elements. Unfortunatelly i have no any opportunity to get the owners manual of this LP player. I hoope it has a lot of information relating the antiskating data's of some pickup.
But if it is not true:You are kindly asked: write/send to me any information about this tonearm's antsaking mechanism and setting please.

Many thanks forward for Your kind efforts!

Offline fredeb

Re: Akai AP 001 tonearm's antiskating setting
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 01:32:06 PM »
https://www.vinylengine.com/library/akai/ap-001.shtml

Register and login at vinylengine.com , and then you can download the manual .

...evolution is the gradual development and stratification of progressive series of wholes, stretching from the inorganic beginnings to the highest level of spiritual creation.
Jan Smuts

Offline fredeb

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 01:35:59 PM »
The Akai AP 001 can sound pretty decent if set up properly , watch a couple of videos on youtube about turntable setup .

...evolution is the gradual development and stratification of progressive series of wholes, stretching from the inorganic beginnings to the highest level of spiritual creation.
Jan Smuts

Offline istju

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 01:45:56 PM »
Dear Fredeb,
I would like to say to You:Thank You!
Your second (the vinylengine not allowed  to register) answer helped me a lot.
You are very polite...I red a lot of non-positive sentences about this tonearm.
Once again many thanks for the help!
Sincerely, Yours:Istju.

Offline fredeb

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2021, 01:58:00 PM »
Dear Fredeb,
I would like to say to You:Thank You!
Your second (the vinylengine not allowed  to register) answer helped me a lot.
You are very polite...I red a lot of non-positive sentences about this tonearm.
Once again many thanks for the help!
Sincerely, Yours:Istju.

Only a pleasure man Istju .  ;D   :thumbs:
Jan Smuts

Offline istju

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2021, 02:53:17 PM »
Dear Fredeb,
Only a pleasure man Istju ... in my opinion You are a doctor(medicus universalis, and You have a degree in psychology as well) of the desparately sad LP fans.
The Akai AP 001 can sound pretty decent if set up properly But I am as dishonest as a politican...I would like to ask Your advices.
I am planning to install this tonearm to a DUAL 1019 board.
Off course i will keep only the idler-drive element(on the main oard) with a power switcher.
No need any automatic start, and  cut. The elements of the automatic features have not too good influence to the sound...stereo, depth...moreover the Shure M95 GLM is a good cartridge...but there are a lot of "other" MM pickups. For example Stanton 500 AL II. They are absolutely different. In my opinion...
Unfortunatelly I am not as good as Jacque in woodwork, but i would like to make a new, "heavy" plinth as well.
Sorry for disturb You Fredeb. Not by the way I would like to thank You the valuable/"entenete cordiale" help.
Sinerely, Yours:Istju.