Author Topic: Anyone ever eaten at Vegan E Meet Italy?  (Read 1027 times)

Offline Pax

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • There is a crack in everything............
Re: Anyone ever eaten at Vegan E Meet Italy?
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2021, 03:32:19 PM »
Read this with interest, as I so often see ads of 'vegan patties, sausages, etc', I always wondered....is that for wannabe or closet vegans? Why would vegans want their food to imitate meat?

.....and then cheerfulness breaks through.....if I eat only vegan animals, e.g. sheep and cows, am I a second tier vegan? :EGrin:

Offline Keith996

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Junior Member
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2021, 04:37:52 PM »
Read this with interest, as I so often see ads of 'vegan patties, sausages, etc', I always wondered....is that for wannabe or closet vegans? Why would vegans want their food to imitate meat?

.....and then cheerfulness breaks through.....if I eat only vegan animals, e.g. sheep and cows, am I a second tier vegan? :EGrin:

Because (and I speak for myself) being a vegan is more than just what i eat and more of the harm caused to other sentient beings.

“Patties, sausages, etc” is just shapes. The prefix is what it’s made of ie. chicken sausages, beef patties, etc.

“second tier vegan”  :point:

Offline Katji

• AVForums Grandmaster
  • #whenpeoplezol
    • jagasounds
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2021, 06:38:40 PM »
Because (and I speak for myself) being a vegan is more than just what i eat and more of the harm caused to other sentient beings.
[just noting because thanks to internet it's almost like vegetarian doesn't exist ]
It is possible to get milk from where cows are not abused. just generally not possible. is somewhat possible in SA where people have cows treated ok although eventually killed. Or from local "organic" type supplier . Generally not possible .
...There is much variation in the world . :)

Offline Trompie67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2021, 07:58:05 PM »
[just noting because thanks to internet it's almost like vegetarian doesn't exist ]
It is possible to get milk from where cows are not abused. just generally not possible. is somewhat possible in SA where people have cows treated ok although eventually killed. Or from local "organic" type supplier . Generally not possible .
...There is much variation in the world . :)

Expand your horizons.

Almond milk. Oat milk. Soya milk. Many other variants. It is, in reality, just liquid. Also - who TF wants to drink any other animal's mucous?  :puke:

On that note:  I bet the first person to discover cows milk also did a whole lot of other really weird ****!!  :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
"Trumpets are a bit more adventurous; they're drunk! Trumpeters are generally drunk. It wets their whistle."
Paul McCartney

With thanks to F_D for this pearl of wisdom!

Offline Keith996

• AVForums Junior Member
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2021, 08:12:07 PM »

On that note:  I bet the first person to discover cows milk also did a whole lot of other really weird ****!!  :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: 

Probably, that person never held a mammary gland before that......

Offline Katji

• AVForums Grandmaster
  • #whenpeoplezol
    • jagasounds
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2021, 10:10:15 PM »
That stuff is not milk.  btw, given that you mentioned "my horizons" (what a joke),  I myself don't use milk, only maas and cheese.  Mucous? btw, you eat eggs?

Offline Keith996

• AVForums Junior Member
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2021, 12:38:24 AM »
I myself don't use milk, only maas and cheese.

The vegan in me :rubhands: asks what are the ingredients used in the production of “Maas and cheese”  :sh1tstirrer:  :EGrin:

That aside, this is a tread to get feedback on the establishment above.

Offline Katji

• AVForums Grandmaster
  • #whenpeoplezol
    • jagasounds
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2021, 01:39:17 AM »
:)  milk. and i forgot the cow ghee.  ...but you know the label is different, because the stuff is different. ... lol] I drink the maas and i use it for making bread, but I haven't drunk milk for...i dunno, 30+ years.