Projector screen for 4K and more , your wisdom please ,

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raffs

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
So , I have a fixed frame screen 100? for a few years now in a dedicated room , over the years the material has started showing some ware , tried cleaning it but could not get it back to its former glory. I need to replace the material. I intend getting a 4K PJ in the hopefully not too distant future so it would only make sense that the new screen material be 4K compatible. Unfortunately the company I got the screen from originally has since closed its doors. There seems to be mixed opinions on line WRT types of material smooth vs Matt vs grey etc .... any advice from the Fundis out there on
1. Based on your experience, Which type of material is best suited , must be able to handle 4K all the way down the resolutions and be able to handle 3D
2. Where would one get the material from or is there someone I can take the screen to , to have new screen material fitted ... also don?t want to sell a kidney to get this done  :groovy:

Your wisdom would be greatly appreciated  ... Gracias