calibration tape

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kritzingerf

AVForums Member
Reaction score
good afternoon all,

so I need to ask for some assistance here...  I have a number of cassette decks, however, I have noticed that recordings on 1 deck sounds 'different' on another, the voice pitch changed, and the rhythm tempo changed...  this is simply because my decks do not run at the same speeds...  this is a simple enough thing to fix...  apart from 1 thing... I do not know which of my decks are actually running at the correct speed, so I can not make my own calibration tape...

Well, technically I can, and I can use any deck, and make a calibration tape, and then attempt to adjust all my decks to run at that speed, but that does not mean they are running at the correct speed...

now, the question, does anybody HAVE a factory calibration tape that they would be willing to make a copy to sell to me, or have a calibrated deck that we can make a recording on for me to use?  either way I would be extremely grateful.  It would be ideal if you were to live somewhere in Johannesburg, just from a practicality perspective.  the South of Jhb would be even better!

Thanx in advance!

regards

Francois