Marantz SR 7010 - HDMI Board Repair DIY (For $50)

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaws

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Ok excuse the clickbait title it did cost a few rand more for shipping.

So about a year ago I spotted a Marantz Sr7010 in the classified section in excellent condition bar the failed HDMI board ( I think RS4 sold it originally )

Upon inspection, I could see someone did unsuccessfully replace the HDMI chips at some point.  I did speak to Roland Vlok but he said for him to source the chips it will cost me R1200 per chip and that's without any labour and no guarantee that it will solve the issue.  So that was not an option.

A  few minutes on google and I found Encompass.

https://encompass.com/item/11044507/Marantz/9U6391025800S-RFB/Refurb_Hdmi_Pcb_Assembly_Sr7010

$126 for a replacement board and $75 refund if you return the broken board. They don't ship to RSA so I had to make use of Aramex global shopper.

About two months ago the replacement board arrived, but I only had a chance to replace it on the weekend.  It took me less than 20min to swop the boards around.

I'm happy to say the Marantz HDMI inputs and outputs are working perfectly.  The only thing that is not working is the Wifi / Bluetooth module but I suspect a firmware upgrade is required.  But I don't use the Wifi or  Bluetooth so I haven't even bothered to read up on it.

So yes I think $50 + shipping fees + Phillips screwdriver and 20min is not bad to get an old AVR back to life. 

Latest posts