Author Topic: Feedback on ordering from Toutlehautparleur - Spoiler: Cheap Fast Shipping!  (Read 334 times)

Offline kolakidd

Just did quite a complex order from Toutlehautparleur.

Their prices aren't actually the cheapest, but this is really by a very slight margin when compared to Madisound, the great thing about them is actually the price of their shipping. For just over 5kg's shipped via their default DHL Express it was R 744.00. They've also got a damn good range of stock. What is nice is that everything has a weight allocation in the store, so your shipping quote is pretty much instantaneous. From ordering to delivery took exactly one week

Just to put this in perspective, the cheapest methods of shipping for me are usually via freight forwarding, like MyUS, or Aramex. 5kg's via AramexGlobalShopper works out at R1,544 and you're looking at a 2-3week timeline with constant monitoring.

Offline Gerlach

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Far Far away there was a land that was far away.
Nice to know that because I need to order crossover stuff for my build after the testing.

If I may ask, what did you order from them ane what did the customs work you out. I see they do Audux stuff to. I bought some Audux mids en tweeters for my setup.
Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows. (Walter Röhrl)

Offline kolakidd

Pretty similar order to you actually, drivers, crossover parts, and a few other things. As I calculate it the total duties were 23% over the cost of the purchase including shipping.

So when you login to THLP and add your SA address the website prices will remove EU VAT from the item prices.

Offline PsyCLown

Seems I used them back in 2019 to order some 3" drivers, although back then I shipped to my Aramex address. I know Aramex have gotten more expensive since then and I suspect these guys have gotten cheaper shipping since.

4x drivers come to 19.3KG and the shipping is 199 Euro (R3700) which is really not bad for fast air shipping of that weight.
Amps: Building 2x Geco Audio Vanguard amps
DSP: MiniDSP NanoAVR HDA & UMIK
Speakers:Some Paradigm floorstanders
Sub: JL Audio 13w7 in a sealed enclosure
Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT770 LE

Offline Gerlach

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Far Far away there was a land that was far away.
Pretty similar order to you actually, drivers, crossover parts, and a few other things. As I calculate it the total duties were 23% over the cost of the purchase including shipping.

So when you login to THLP and add your SA address the website prices will remove EU VAT from the item prices.

Thanks for the heads up on this. Will keep them in mind when I need to order crossover parts and stuff.
Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows. (Walter Röhrl)

Offline kolakidd

Seems I used them back in 2019 to order some 3" drivers, although back then I shipped to my Aramex address. I know Aramex have gotten more expensive since then and I suspect these guys have gotten cheaper shipping since.

4x drivers come to 19.3KG and the shipping is 199 Euro (R3700) which is really not bad for fast air shipping of that weight.

Ja, I've shipped quite a lot of stuff recently and it seems like direct shipping prices have actually come down a bit. I used to default to Aramex and MyUS, but I'm actually going for the store shipping option more and more. Aramex is useful for countries with no direct shipping, or mystery meat shipment companies (China).

For 19.3kg's though you might want to check out the MyUS budget shipping option. A while back I had to ship OTP's and Transformers, and their price was really great, took around two weeks, but worth the savings. I see MyUS has a UK operation now, but no budget option yet.

Offline PsyCLown

Ja, I've shipped quite a lot of stuff recently and it seems like direct shipping prices have actually come down a bit. I used to default to Aramex and MyUS, but I'm actually going for the store shipping option more and more. Aramex is useful for countries with no direct shipping, or mystery meat shipment companies (China).

For 19.3kg's though you might want to check out the MyUS budget shipping option. A while back I had to ship OTP's and Transformers, and their price was really great, took around two weeks, but worth the savings. I see MyUS has a UK operation now, but no budget option yet.
I'll look into that, thanks.

Is it still with a courier and not thr postal service?
Don't want to deal with sapo and risk parcels not arriving.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Amps: Building 2x Geco Audio Vanguard amps
DSP: MiniDSP NanoAVR HDA & UMIK
Speakers:Some Paradigm floorstanders
Sub: JL Audio 13w7 in a sealed enclosure
Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT770 LE

Offline Michon

Thank you for the post kolakidd. This may be the best way for me to get a pair of Beyma TPL150H transducers.

Offline kolakidd

I'll look into that, thanks.

Is it still with a courier and not thr postal service?
Don't want to deal with sapo and risk parcels not arriving.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

No SAPO at all! I just don't even consider SAPO a viable option for anything other than if I want to make sure something disappears for ever. Like if I ever need to get rid of incriminating evidence, I would just post it somewhere via SAPO.

The US Postal service is a different story though, if you're shipping from a US Supplier to MyUS in Florida they work well. They even have parcel tracking.

Just for the record, and this may be well known, but I have noticed that PartsExpress is actually selling via Amazon now. It's not their full PE range (Limited Driver selection), but the Amazon shipping to SA is actually also pretty good, you also have the benefit of paying all shipping and duties upfront. So it's actually pretty seamless with no surprises. Not as cheap as TLHP though.

Offline goldfritter

Like if I ever need to get rid of incriminating evidence, I would just post it somewhere via SAPO.
Brilliant.