marantz pm6003...advice needed

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dolt

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Hi all,

it seems the dolt may actually make a purchase. Me being a marantz fan and all I decided to look at the marantz line of integrates. the pm6003 seems to be at a "reasonable" and has gotten good reviews. id like to audition this item but i need to drive all the way to alberton..... and i will.... at some stage.

I do know that the output is 45Wpc, and id like to think that marantz is still as conservative with their power ratings as they were in the 70's. but ive got no expereince with this. Id like to know if any of you here have some experience with this amplifier and/or had issues driving speaker loads(im concerend particularly with low end performance). I'm interested in the b&w 685's, from which i gather are quite insensitive and require some grunt. () (i know the wharfedale 10.1's were highly recommended but its impossible to audition the two and i have a wharefedale set and its rubbish)

thanks in advance,
Dolt