Author Topic: Audiophool drivel / Cable talk  (Read 542 times)

Offline Nikkel

Audiophool drivel / Cable talk
« on: October 23, 2020, 08:00:01 PM »
May I suggest removal of :Audiophool drivel" from the Cable talk heading/board?

The Audiophool drivel part makes you think twice about asking if unsure or posting your findings whether positive or negative after sampling some snake oil :angel:

Cables seemed to be snapped fairly quickly when for sale and there's quite a few respectable members that will vouch for some when it really/truly does make a difference.

Offline ScottulusMaximus

Re: Audiophool drivel / Cable talk
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 08:11:06 PM »
No

Offline Family_Dog

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 08:26:57 PM »
I'm not a cable worshipper either but agree that the heading is somewhat derogatory.

Welcome to "Cable Talk" and hopefully the arguments and personal insults do not rear their ugly heads again, or the original heading might require a rethink!   :nono:

-F_D

-Eric

That Guy in South Africa...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vintage_tube/

Offline Nikkel

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2020, 08:44:29 PM »

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+158)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Condition your mains to condition your ears
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2020, 09:41:51 PM »
I understand that aluminium conducts electricity more efficiently than copper.  Have there been any successful aluminium audio cables?

Might add some “lightness” to the sound....

(my poor joke)
Music is the shorthand of emotion

Offline DACMan1

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2020, 05:25:38 AM »
Quote from: chrisc link=topic=90299.msg1022430#msg1022430 date=1603482111

(my poor joke)
[/quote
I believe you are thinking of optical cables.

(my attempt to rob your joke and make it even poorer)

Offline Vince MacMahon

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2020, 05:46:38 AM »
May I suggest removal of :Audiophool drivel" from the Cable talk heading/board?

The Audiophool drivel part makes you think twice about asking if unsure or posting your findings whether positive or negative after sampling some snake oil :angel:

Cables seemed to be snapped fairly quickly when for sale and there's quite a few respectable members that will vouch for some when it really/truly does make a difference.

Human beings are the most opinionated species!

You post something of knowledge..... some might say “You’re trying to be a smart ass”

You post something of little value..... some might say “Dumb ass must try his s**t elsewhere”

You post nothing......some might say “Some folk aren’t contributing, blah blah blah”

Irrespective of heading; post your finding no matter how trivial. Why? Someone could learn something (even if you are sparking a thought to explore a specific area)

I never bothered with Power Cables; as they carry no audio signal, till I read someone’s perhaps “untested/not validated” findings. Off I went, being skeptical I went entry - mid level cables....now I have a piece of mind. Didn’t break the bank; no more curiosity, most of all, I like them.

Enjoy The Music
Until next time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Marantz - B&W - SVS - AudioQuest

Offline Agaton Sax

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2020, 05:54:12 AM »
I understand that aluminium conducts electricity more efficiently than copper.  Have there been any successful aluminium audio cables?

(my poor joke)

The actual conductors in this one is some secret alloy but the shield:

The Aluminata series boasts the worlds first, patent pending, Particle Aluminum Shield (PAS). Imagine a shield so thick that noise at any frequency or severity cannot possibly pass through it.

Dunno about the lightness of the sound but it will definitely lighten your wallet.