Wireless headsets

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drifter

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
With work from home, I find that I spend around 4 hours each day on Teams / Zoom calls.
I either use my trusty B&W P3 (3.5mm jack) or a Plantronics in-ear company issue set (USB). I hate in ear headphones with a passion and the P3's are on ear but just about bearable because the ear pads are so small so it does not push on the outer ear which is very uncomfortable for me.

I find that with where my laptop is on my desk, that the headphone cables are really restrictive and annoying.

I'm considering investing in a wireless headset (so must have built in microphone). It is to be used for Teams / Zoom calls, a bit of background music, watching the odd movie and a the little bit of casual gaming that I do. I do have a very good audiophile headphone system for serious music listening, so this wireless set will just be used during work hours for 90% of the time.

My main requirement is quality of the mic (as I have to talk quite a bit during the calls) and comfort. I have big ears so they must be completely over ears. The wireless system should also not be laggy, so if I do play a game the sound must watch the action.

My budget is around R2k to R3k.
Any recommendations?