Ebucks 2020 Grievance

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KMX1

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Let?s be honest, 2020 will long be remembered as a pretty crappy year.  It seems that Ebucks decided to see if they could add further misery with rule changes that came into effect in July.

Maintaining a earn level 5 is much more difficult now.  Going through the long list it seems that you need either a lot of debt or a lot of money invested with FNB to achieve that. For years, I had no issue being at reward level 5 by following a few simple rules.  Now I struggle to maintain level 4!

I missed some rule changes which caused me to lose a load of Ebucks in the last three months.  I probably cannot blame them for my own ignorance, but I am inundated with mails from FNB that I did not really study it in detail.

Rule 1 ? Nav-Car
If you do not register your vehicle on Nav-Car on the app, you get zero Ebucks for petrol.  If your car is financed through Wesbank it will be on the Nav-Car by default, but the rest have to load it on manually.  If your vehicle is financed through Wesbank you can also double up on the fuel earn - if you only use Engen.  Just note that coffee purchases at different brand service stations is often mistaken by Ebucks as fuel purchases ? keep track of your Seattle Coffee Co slips and query them if this happens to you!

Rule 2 ? Spouse Linked or Family accounts
You can get up to 40% back in Ebucks of your Netflix or Spotify payments made from your FNB account. If you do not have a child under 18 with a linked youth account, a linked spousal account or certified a family you get zilch.  I enquired about this at an FNB branch and they did not seem to understand what I was talking about.  I do not understand why joint accounts should be encouraged in the 21st century in the first place!

Rule 3 ? Life Insurance
You can get up to 40% back on your FNB life insurance.  You will get nothing if no beneficiary is specified on the life policy.

Over the last year the following Partner agreements with Ebucks were terminated:
- Dischem
- Incredible Connection
- Makro (end of this month)

I have always been a fan of Ebucks, but sadly the rules this year sucks in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts