Car stereo bookshelf build

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trashy

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I've got an old Rockford Fosgate sound system that has been in a cupboard for years, so thought I'd make it up into a little stereo system for the garage.

I need advice on building boxes for the speakers please.

I need help calculating box volume as I have very little information on the speaker. I have decided to go with a sealed box for simplicity, punchy bass and because, as these will be in the garage where there will be lots of sawdust floating around, it will make them easier to clean.

The speakers are the T162c, a 6 1/2" 2 way speaker with removable tweeter and built in crossover.

The next question I have is: should I leave the tweeter in place in the centre of the speaker or should I remove it and mount it above/below the woofer? How difficult is it to glue on a dust cap if I remove the tweeter?

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item-3806-Rockford-Fosgate-Power-T162C.html
These are the speakers in question.

These will be for non-critical listening so I'm not trying to make a Hifi speaker out of them, but I would like to make something that still looks good and performs reasonably well.

Any advice appreciated.

Latest posts