How a Ninja made the DT990 a gamer?s go-to can.

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Banjuka

AVForums Member
Reaction score
rr9jxi5chur51.jpg

Confessions of a confused non-gamer.

I am not a gamer, but I?ve noticed much interest and discussions about the Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro headphones in recent months.

So how did a headphone that was first launched in 1985 all of a sudden become a darling of the headphone community?

My research leads back to this guy: Born Tyler Blevins in 1991, serious gamers probably know him by his alias: Ninja. As of March, 2020, he had over 5.5M Twitter followers, 23M Youtube Subscribers, 14.7M followers on Twitch. And his headphone of choice?

The Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro.

Headphones and microphones made for gaming has become a billion dollar industry in itself, so I find it quite charming that one of the planet?s most successful gamers chooses to use a headphone first made 6 years before he was born. I am not too sure why he chose the DT990, but I am certainly curious why.

I have not heard the DT990 Pro - I have the DT770 Pro 80 Ohm and the TYGR 300 R from Beyerdynamic, and I adore these headphones for my music listening. Some say that the 300 R is a DT990 Pro 32 Ohm in a DT880 body, with dampening mods, so I guess I understand why some venerate the DT990.

So to all those DT990 owners out there, why do you love these headphones? Or to the haters, why do you hate them?

Latest posts