Author Topic: New Room  (Read 2582 times)

Offline Greyman

Re: New Room
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2020, 11:25:24 AM »
Going all the way with the NE there...are you going to be mixing/tracking?

No tracking at all. Mainly mixing and some audio post. NE ? :nfi:

Offline Greyman

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2020, 10:30:43 AM »
Stapled some batting over the insulation so I could throw up some speakers and considering I still have the back wall and bass traps to get done, things are sounding better. Happy Sunday  :clap:

Offline Curlycat

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2020, 11:18:38 AM »
I am always happy to see a new post from you here. Looking good!
What speakers are those?
“I have realized that the past and future are real illusions, that they exist in the present, which is what there is and all there is.”  Alan Watts

Offline Greyman

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2020, 11:43:25 AM »
Thank you Curlycat  :dop: The speakers are an old pair of Dunlavy SC ll.

Offline SarelLouw

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2020, 01:11:27 PM »
@Greyman Were you in the room while the sweeps were done? 100+dB sweeps is torture  ;D

Offline Curlycat

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2020, 02:24:18 PM »
I did some reading on the Dunlavy SC ll speakers. They seem to be of those lovely rare speakers that one holds on too.
“I have realized that the past and future are real illusions, that they exist in the present, which is what there is and all there is.”  Alan Watts

Offline Greyman

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2020, 02:27:11 PM »
@Greyman Were you in the room while the sweeps were done? 100+dB sweeps is torture  ;D

It's not pleasant to be honest. But I am behind speakers with earplugs.  :groovy:

Offline Hi-Phibian

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • I really prefer email, see my banner for address..
    • Croak Audio Exploration
New Room
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2020, 03:37:02 PM »
I did some reading on the Dunlavy SC ll speakers. They seem to be of those lovely rare speakers that one holds on too.

They are quite special when you get them right.   I have a pair I haven’t been able to sell.  Bring myself to sell that is.  Each production speaker pair was tested (and I assume adjusted if needed) to reference in anechoic facility at Dunlavy.
Croak Audio
Analogue by birth, digital by design. Mostly a StereoType though known to enjoy some Mono too  http://www.croak.co.za https://instagram.com/croakaudio?igshid=1wzr83vlqtbyy

Offline Greyman

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2020, 08:55:31 AM »
Got the "back wall" up which is about 45cm deep, it does overhang the loft which helps with the limited space. :thumbs:. The bottom half is filled with insulation. Not sure what is happening with the top half as yet, it might be part shelf but we will see. The burlap and wood will be covered with some better-looking fabric once I am done with a few DIY projects in the house.

Offline Greyman

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2020, 12:34:44 PM »
Bass traps have been sealed up and filled with insulation. I decided to go with a broadly tuned Helmholtz design for the front wall. I still need to measure the trap, but it will be interesting to see what the tuning is in the real world compared to the calculations. Initial REW results are looking rather good :) I will pop up some waterfall graphs later this evening when things are a tad quieter.

Offline TimbaLand

« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2020, 12:53:31 PM »
Does the pink stuff work for acoustic treatment?
Marantz AV7705 (HT)|Rotel RC1570 (Stereo), RMB1585, RMB1565, RB956 power amps| B&W 802 Diamond, HTM2 Diamond, B&W ASW850 and Velodyne DD15 Subwoofers, 685 and DS3 as surrounds, 4x CCM In ceilings| Optoma UHD40|Nvidia Shield

Offline Greyman

« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2020, 01:25:20 PM »
Does the pink stuff work for acoustic treatment?

Lower density insulation performs, but it needs to be thick. So yes and no depending on the application.  :dop:

Offline Greyman

« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2020, 12:22:54 PM »
Moving in the right direction...

Offline SarelLouw

« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2020, 12:55:35 PM »
Moving in the right direction...

Looking good. Smoothing used?

Offline Greyman

« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2020, 01:16:10 PM »