Author Topic: Trusted Repairs Listing  (Read 5039 times)

Online Pax

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • There is a crack in everything............
Re: Trusted Repairs Listing
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2021, 10:59:00 AM »
Anyone has alternate numbers for Wessel in Tableview and/or Leander in Stellies? I referred a friend who experiences a dead channel on his NAD 7020e to them off this forum, but both numbers are out of service? Another provider closer to Swartland (Koringberg) where my friend lives will be welcome.

Offline desj

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2021, 06:35:09 PM »
This is extremely useful. Thank you for putting the time and effort in to compile this.

Offline BigEd

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2021, 08:20:48 AM »
Who in Cape Town would you recommend for fixing a CD player? Harmon / Kardon 5 cd carousel (yes I know, they are problematic)...?

The CD is stuck and now it won't play.

Fat and lazy fingers forces me to call in the experts rather... :coffee:
I used to pray for a bicycle, then I figured out how it works - I stole one and prayed for forgiveness...

Online MusicMan_ZA

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2021, 08:10:43 PM »
In my opinion, you would be better off spending the repair money on a "new" CDP.
I don't like carousel or magazine player, personally - just a good old single CD player.
I love music - analog and digital. Even listening to the Blues makes me happy. During the day I coach and counsel, after hours I indulge in my second passion - listening to vinyl and restoring turntables. Some I keep, some I sell...

Offline Hi-Phibian

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • I really prefer email, see my banner for address..
    • Croak Audio Exploration
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2021, 09:43:33 PM »
In my opinion, you would be better off spending the repair money on a "new" CDP.
I don't like carousel or magazine player, personally - just a good old single CD player.

If itís an FL8300 this advice is double valid but I would be surprised it lasted this long. 

Croak Audio
Analogue by birth, digital by design. Mostly a StereoType though known to enjoy some Mono too  http://www.croak.co.za https://instagram.com/croakaudio?igshid=1wzr83vlqtbyy

Offline BigEd

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2021, 07:16:24 AM »
I was afraid you guys would say that. Ah well, then that is that.

Just need to retrieve my Pink Floyd CD and I'm good to go to the tip...
I used to pray for a bicycle, then I figured out how it works - I stole one and prayed for forgiveness...

Offline Family_Dog

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2021, 07:43:26 AM »
A member of another forum reported excellent service from Pieter Preller, in the Kempton Park area, following the repair of his 1973 Marantz 2270. He describes Pieter as being an "old school techie" so this could hopefully be of assistance other members here.

Pieter Preller - 0832855952

-F_D

-Eric

That Guy in South Africa...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vintage_tube/

Offline EddieB

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2021, 09:22:07 PM »
Seems my post didn't go through?

An acquaintance in Bloemfontein is looking for someone to fix an issue with her NAD Surround Sound Amplifier (AV 316). Apparently everything works fine except the center speaker port/connection, even when trying other speakers. Any advice on who can check/service the amp?

Thanks
Eddie

Offline adie

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2021, 03:32:42 PM »
Oom Pieter-  083 285 5952- for repairing ribbons, electrostatics and the like.
Oom Pieter is in Jhb.

Offline djswopshop

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2021, 03:10:36 PM »
This is a super useful list - thank you!
After a loooong day there is nothing like some good music to soothe the soul. www.djswopshop.co.za