Author Topic: The Heads up thread  (Read 1885411 times)

Offline Ju_dy@RT

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+27)
Re: The Heads up thread
« Reply #9240 on: October 10, 2018, 11:01:07 AM »
Damn!! Gotta shop for presents again :sd:

damn... yeah.  Luckily the children in our family is slowly growing up and besides parents, we have a "no gift for adults" rule, unless it's the like of a bottle of wine, chocolates etc. So besides my daughter, an hour on takealot and I'm sorted.  ;D

Offline BobsYourUncle

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • AVForums Super Veteran
  • And there you have it, Bob's your uncle
« Reply #9241 on: October 10, 2018, 04:30:32 PM »
Got my voucher smsd to me today. Looks like I won't be getting a Harman Kardon amp delivered to me for R1500.00
I'm hearing images, I'm seeing songs that poet has ever painted

Offline Orior

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • AVForums Member
« Reply #9242 on: October 10, 2018, 04:40:56 PM »
Got an SMS with the R100 voucher but still no call from an agent for the EFT payment and no refund for the CC payment

Offline Keeg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Member
« Reply #9243 on: October 10, 2018, 06:55:03 PM »
I got a call from Makro...They apologized and explained the incorrect pricing. Apparently they have 1100 odd customers to call up so I'm sure you will get a call sooner or later.

Offline HB

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • AVForums Super Veteran
« Reply #9244 on: October 10, 2018, 07:03:24 PM »
Monumental FU#P.
You can't help but feel sorry for them. I hope someone hasn't lost their job over this.
When You Come to a Fork in the Road, Take it!            [Yogi Berra]

Offline Katji

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
    • jagasounds at soundcloud
« Reply #9245 on: October 10, 2018, 07:54:11 PM »
Some retail planner having the worst days of their life.

Offline ron g

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #9246 on: October 10, 2018, 08:25:11 PM »
I got a call from Makro...They apologized and explained the incorrect pricing. Apparently they have 1100 odd customers to call up so I'm sure you will get a call sooner or later.

i hate to think how much abuse those staff making the calls are going to get.
& you sit there in the rubble, till it starts to feel like home
mary gauthier

Offline Kshah

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • AVForums Member
« Reply #9247 on: October 10, 2018, 08:47:48 PM »
I wonder if it really was a F$ck up?

How probable is it that only Connoisseur Electronics lines were affected, and only the "premium" to high end items?

Too coincidental... Not only all the Marshall Products, but the premium JBL Head phones and all the HK stuff...

Any how....

I knew this would happen, but was secretly hoping it wouldn't.... :sd:

Funny thing they have deleted all my sales, and only sent one voucher - yet I had three separate orders.....

They havent even credited my money back.... :headbanger:
Shah

Offline Kyle

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • AVForums Member
« Reply #9248 on: October 10, 2018, 09:02:58 PM »
So R100 per a person is R110000... versus say, conservatively R3500 loss per a person = R3850000

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Online JonnyP

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • To the centre of the city in the night
« Reply #9249 on: October 10, 2018, 09:47:48 PM »
Monumental FU#P.
You can't help but feel sorry for them. I hope someone hasn't lost their job over this.

No sympathy for them even though I didnít have an order.  Between taking the money and refunding, they have made interest and a beneficial exchange rate change.  So, they win, donít buy from them anymore
The Philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways.  The point, however, is to change it.

Offline Skylark

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
« Reply #9250 on: October 10, 2018, 11:45:11 PM »
Doesn't really matter though, does it?  It'll be a bit asshole-ish to expect a shop to honour mistakes since it'll cost them money.  That's why the CPA covers the retailer in this regard.  At least they're honest about the mistake and apologized, not like some other stores who simply canceled orders before and offered store credit for the cost.
I once pitched up at the PnP in Lonehill Shopping Centre (about a year ago) and saw they had those little milk chocolate Wonder Bars marked at 59c each.  Bargain, and we had people coming over, so I took 10.  Rang up, lady said "this price isn't right".  Called over manager, manager checked the price on the rack, checked the price on the till and I got them at the 59c price.

Three days later I'm there again, same line, and I check the rack.  Same chocolates, same price.  So I took the rest of the stock (about 30 of them).  Same issue - manager called and he goes "well, they were supposed to fix it but they didn't", and I got them at the low price again.
What's good for the goose is good for the gander?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 11:50:14 PM by Skylark »
Music is in the Mind

Offline Toxxyc

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #9251 on: October 11, 2018, 06:36:16 AM »
What's good for the goose is good for the gander?

Oh for sure.  I didn't expect them to honour it, and I also didn't insist.  If they refused I would have accepted it as well, but they simply rang it up.  After the second time I even told the manager to take the prices out the rack and remove the other stock which they did.  I've had my fair share of canceled orders as well, specially with tech.

Offline ron g

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #9252 on: October 11, 2018, 07:22:39 AM »
No sympathy for them even though I didnít have an order.  Between taking the money and refunding, they have made interest and a beneficial exchange rate change.  So, they win, donít buy from them anymore

exchange rate - how do you figure that?
& you sit there in the rubble, till it starts to feel like home
mary gauthier

Offline Ju_dy@RT

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+27)
« Reply #9253 on: October 11, 2018, 08:02:39 AM »
^^+1... and please tell me where I can earn R100 on a R1500 (or even R4000) investment in as little as a week? Plus some money to pay my ďadmistratorĒ (staff).  :nfi:

Itís a loss in time, money and face IMHO. Would not wish it on anybody. They are a big company, so can afford it. They didnít Ďhaveí to give out credits legally , but maybe they ďhad toĒ to save face. I just hope nobody lost their job.

My guess, and I could be way off-  there is an automatic depreciation built into the system for each supplier. This may be based on type of goods, storage, insurance etc etc. What we may have seen for a brief second was a rounded amount of the ďaccountingĒ asset value, with depreciation (A LOSS) already worked in. Such systems are often needed for forcasting taxes, but itís HARDLY the amount it can be sold for, even just to break even on each particular item in isolation.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 08:04:53 AM by Ju_dy@RT »

Online Michon

• Forum Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+59)
« Reply #9254 on: October 11, 2018, 01:41:22 PM »
A variety of NOS valves have been advertised on the SA Valve Amp Builders Facebook group.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 01:43:33 PM by Michon »