Author Topic: The Heads up thread  (Read 1639904 times)

Offline kalith

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • AVForums Veteran
Re: The Heads up thread
« Reply #9225 on: October 09, 2018, 11:57:25 AM »
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Dear Valued Customer,

We refer to your recent Makro online order(s).

The Makro online website displayed incorrect pricing for product(s) included in your order(s).

There is no other way to say this we made a mistake and at the outset we would like to apologize for any confusion and frustration that this may cause. This inadvertent system error occurred during the updating of the pricing on these items resulting in the incorrect pricing being displayed on the website.

The pricing blunder was corrected as soon as the error was identified on our website.

Kindly note that under the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008, Part D: Disclosure of Price of Goods or Services, Clause 23(9), if a price as displayed contains an inadvertent and obvious error, the supplier is not bound by it.

Nevertheless, because the mistake was entirely ours, as a gesture of goodwill, we would like to offer you a R100 voucher in addition to your full refund, in lieu of the inconvenience caused.

Refunds will be processed automatically, however If you paid through EFT, a Makro Call Centre Agent will be making contact with you. The R100 voucher will be sent via SMS to the cellphone number registered on your Makro online profile. If you have not received your voucher within 24 hours, please email your name and order number to MakroOnline.Support@makro.co.za

Again, we offer our sincere apologies for any inconvenience we may have caused you.

Kind Regards,

The Makro Online Team

Offline Revv

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • AVForums Member
« Reply #9226 on: October 09, 2018, 11:58:44 AM »
Anyone get a message from Makro apologising for the incorrect pricing and offering R100 voucher to 'compensate' for the inconvenience?

Offline Lupo

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #9227 on: October 09, 2018, 12:00:14 PM »
^^^ received the same email as kalith :'(

Offline Orior

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #9228 on: October 09, 2018, 12:00:30 PM »
Anyone get a message from Makro apologising for the incorrect pricing and offering R100 voucher to 'compensate' for the inconvenience?
Yep, I did

Offline JoziNic

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #9229 on: October 09, 2018, 12:14:38 PM »
I was optimistic that they may actually fulfill orders placed, but realistically the likelihood was very very small. Sorry guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This stereo record cannot be played on old tin boxes no matter what they are fitted with. If you are in possession of such equipment please hand it into the nearest police station

Offline Kshah

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • AVForums Member
« Reply #9230 on: October 09, 2018, 12:55:26 PM »
The challenge now is which item/s?

Not everybody bought Marshall, some bought HK and JBL too...

Sigh... well at least we made a 100 bucks..
Shah

Offline Keeg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Member
« Reply #9231 on: October 09, 2018, 02:36:32 PM »
It's on all of them....JBL, Marshall and Harman.

Offline seedaty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Junior Member
« Reply #9232 on: October 09, 2018, 03:13:57 PM »

Offline JonnyP

• Gearslut Pro
  • Trade Count: (+39)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • To the centre of the city in the night
« Reply #9233 on: October 09, 2018, 03:19:01 PM »
Probably hidden in the terms and conditions is the 'refusal of order' clause which Mango in the above instance placed later into theirs.  I expect they all have by now.
Are you waiting for loneliness to paralyse? Are you waiting for sister midnight to anaesthetise?

Offline PierreM

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #9234 on: October 09, 2018, 03:23:25 PM »
Bet you if you had bought the Acton white at R12,999 it would have been delivered by now........

Offline Toxxyc

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • AVForums Super Veteran
« Reply #9235 on: October 09, 2018, 03:31:04 PM »
Probably hidden in the terms and conditions is the 'refusal of order' clause which Mango in the above instance placed later into theirs.  I expect they all have by now.

Doesn't really matter though, does it?  It'll be a bit asshole-ish to expect a shop to honour mistakes since it'll cost them money.  That's why the CPA covers the retailer in this regard.  At least they're honest about the mistake and apologized, not like some other stores who simply canceled orders before and offered store credit for the cost.

Offline Shonver

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Criss-cross rhythms that explode with happiness
    • Elipse (under construction)
« Reply #9236 on: October 09, 2018, 03:52:38 PM »
There are higher levels of service. I found a discrepancy between the display price vs the price at the till of a toy I bought at Pick 'n Pay, once. To my surprise, I got for free, as this is (was) their policy. I don't know if they still have the same policy.

DON'T PANIC
Capie

Offline Ju_dy@RT

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+26)
    • Remedytec
« Reply #9237 on: October 09, 2018, 04:55:03 PM »

.... toy I bought at Pick 'n Pay, once. To my surprise, I got for free, as this is (was) their policy. I don't know if they still have the same policy.

^^ they do... at least some of the stores. (Super stores vs hypers vs etc etc) I did it about two months ago, purely to prove a point, because in the same bill I was charged R150 more for 5 bottles of honey, which were packed on the wrong shelf and were actually R30 more expensive per unit than perceived.

But it's only because it's their policy.  Was it any other store, I'd point it out and if they won't oblidge I'd just put it back if I'm not willing to pay the higher price. The law is on the retailer's side in that instance, at least if it's an obvious error and/or if they mention "E & OE"... which most do.

PS: It was a big BIG box of pronutro, which was marked as on special for R79, but rang for R109.

Offline raj

• AVForums Member
  • trying to get over my obsession!
« Reply #9238 on: October 09, 2018, 10:48:38 PM »
Damn!! Gotta shop for presents again :sd:
"My advice is don't spend your money on therapy. Spend it in a record store." Wim Wenders

Offline Toxxyc

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • AVForums Super Veteran
« Reply #9239 on: October 10, 2018, 07:22:45 AM »
I once pitched up at the PnP in Lonehill Shopping Centre (about a year ago) and saw they had those little milk chocolate Wonder Bars marked at 59c each.  Bargain, and we had people coming over, so I took 10.  Rang up, lady said "this price isn't right".  Called over manager, manager checked the price on the rack, checked the price on the till and I got them at the 59c price.

Three days later I'm there again, same line, and I check the rack.  Same chocolates, same price.  So I took the rest of the stock (about 30 of them).  Same issue - manager called and he goes "well, they were supposed to fix it but they didn't", and I got them at the low price again.