Author Topic: Erm... hello moderators  (Read 382 times)

Offline Baseline

Erm... hello moderators
« on: September 22, 2020, 04:55:17 PM »
On 28th June 2020 I started a topic 'floating an idea for consideration and comment' regarding the idea of making at least 2 photos mandatory in 'for sale' classified ads. Mods kindly attached a poll and of the 77 members who voted, an overwhelming 80.8% agreed that photos should be mandatory. That thread has since run it's course, been locked and by the looks of things, is quietly disappearing over the horizon with no action being taken. So moderators... where do we stand on the topic?  :RTFM:
.It's all about the Music.

Offline FranZAR

Re: Erm... hello moderators
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2020, 05:04:23 PM »
Pretty much the same as 28th June 2020.

We can delete all "lazy" adverts but then there probably won't be much for sale.
Exclamé 150|Whisper|Croak SL1200|Moth Audio MK808|Sumiko Pearwood|Vivere|Cardas|Sonor Claro

Offline Family_Dog

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2020, 07:37:36 PM »
Best thing is to nag the OP for photos, which really would greatly assist in his sale. Pure laziness prevents the posting of pics.

-F_D

-Eric

That Guy in South Africa...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vintage_tube/

Offline naboo

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2020, 07:42:57 PM »
If you post on audiocircle.com, you can directly upload pics from your laptop. They use the same forum software. The path of least resistance always wins...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Offline Family_Dog

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2020, 07:50:44 PM »
Difference here being the ads on that forum, which pay for picture hosting. This forum has no ads, hence no income to support it and is paid in its entirety by Kay in his personal capacity.

-F_D

-Eric

That Guy in South Africa...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vintage_tube/

Offline Katji

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2020, 07:54:11 PM »
Please don't start that again.

PS:  Search/google first. 

Refer to the OP/post 1.  It refers to something that has already been discussed, at length and in depth, several times.  iow, his purpose not to start discussing it all over again.  Horse already beaten to death, understatement.

Offline mygoggie

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2020, 07:55:05 PM »
Difference here being the ads on that forum, which pay for picture hosting. This forum has no ads, hence no income to support it and is paid in its entirety by Kay in his personal capacity.

-F_D

So start a Patreon page for this site so that we can support you guys and Kay. I am sure more than enough donations will flow in.
Herman

~ To heal the soul is to embark on a new journey. ~

mygoggie's perfecture
My wishlist

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+156)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Condition your mains to condition your ears
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2020, 07:59:33 PM »
It’s so easy to post photos and you can get a free account with Imgur, which saves your uploaded pictures.

A little bit of patience and reading the guides already posted here will enable anybody to attach pics
Music is the shorthand of emotion

Offline naboo

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2020, 08:08:30 PM »

-F_D
Thanks, not aware of that. Thanks to Kay then, for the generosity.

I'll not comment on the thread anymore, then, but I do believe it can be solved.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk