Author Topic: Which Furman Power Conditioner/Filter?  (Read 1297 times)

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+160)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Condition your mains to condition your ears
Re: Which Furman Power Conditioner/Filter?
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2020, 10:16:49 PM »
I measured the AC current with everything on and running at fairly high volume and found it to be 6.7 amps.  Running it like this made the conditioner run slightly warm, but certainly not hot
Music is the shorthand of emotion

Offline capetownwatches

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2020, 11:01:30 PM »
I measured the AC current with everything on and running at fairly high volume and found it to be 6.7 amps.  Running it like this made the conditioner run slightly warm, but certainly not hot

What are you running Chris, and how did you measure the current (with gear connected)?

Offline TrinityStereo

« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2020, 08:26:37 AM »
Now for a Noobs question. Power conditioners / filters, to what extend does it impact on the sound quality?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+160)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Condition your mains to condition your ears
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2020, 04:16:51 PM »
What are you running Chris, and how did you measure the current (with gear connected)?

Laptop, Devialet amp, B&W sub.  I took the live wire out the socket and put a clamp meter over it

Mr Trinity's question:

Some folk feel that a power conditioner "sucks the life out the music".   Certainly this would be the case if you are running the conditioner close to its maximum capacity. 

Prices range from R90 for a simple MOV, x-class capacitor and reverse-wound toroid which Yebo sell, to the Denali devices that BJ sells

I'd really suggest you try one yourself.  As you might gather, I am a convert.   Its a bit like computers in a way - junk in = junk out
Music is the shorthand of emotion