Netflix through XBox (360)

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jvr

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Just an observation of something that I find hard to explain. When I stream Netflix via the XBox 360 console, I get a much different and inferior video quality as opposed to streaming directly via the smart tv's app. I checked all the console's settings, it is suppose to recognize- and to pick the highest resolution for the display via HDMI, which it seems to do, it's so-called reference levels are set to standard (as they should be), yet the video quality always tend to be of lower quality, darker and the tv display seems to struggle to process some scenes (e.g. I compared a dark and snowy movie scene which I could barely made out via the XBox with the display's own app and they were miles apart). On the display's side the video settings are exactly the same, so as far as I am concerned it should theoretically be the exact same digital video signal being processed and display in the exact same manner - only they are not the same. Not sure if anybody else has experienced this, or has an explanation for it.