Author Topic: Homeless guy - Part 2  (Read 454 times)

Offline Tom

• Trader
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Digital Media Conversions
Homeless guy - Part 2
« on: August 28, 2020, 12:19:52 AM »
I went to the shop yesterday for a cornish pie and a coke (and a packet of cheap cigarettes - When I say cheap I mean proper branded Benson & Hedges cigarettes, not the R70 a packet RGs or Remingtons  :giggle:) ., I still need to address Kopdoek about this...

Wearing my mask and out of the corner of my eye I spot this guy also in the shop, he kinda looks familiar and he came up to me and said: "Hello Tommie" and that he just wanted to thank me for literally saving his life.... WTF, Its Tristan/ Ashley, Shaved, dressed much better, totally coherent and honestly looking dapper. He also said he could not believe that he was acting like that, running around like a crazy person (in his own words) and that he is back on his medication and also getting a shot of some sort each month. Sadly his mom and him got done in somehow and had all their funds removed from their Sassa cards by the person where they lived at but that is something I am not going to get involved in. I really hope he doesn't end up on the street again.

Remember to do a good turn, each day, good people.  :2thumbs: :groovy:
Digital Media Conversions - Preserving Memories

Offline MR.C

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • AVForums Veteran
Re: Homeless guy - Part 2
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2020, 06:45:05 PM »
Must be quite fulfilling for you to see him in a decent state.

Your efforts made a big difference, well done.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

I can help you to post pics for your ads.

Offline TimbaLand

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2020, 07:19:30 PM »
That’s more fulfilling than buying your dream speakers. Well done
Marantz AV7705|Rotel RC1570, RMB1585 and RMB1565| B&W 804 Diamond, HTM2 Diamond, B&W ASW850 and Velodyne DD15 Subwoofers, 685 and 686 Surrounds, CCM In ceilings| Optoma UHD40|Audioquest CV4 speaker cables and Mogami XLR| HP Microserver| Nvidia Shield

Offline Curlycat

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+57)
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2020, 07:23:14 PM »
Well done Tom! It is heartwarming to read. The world needs more happy endings.
Link to part 1 https://www.avforums.co.za/index.php/topic,86470.0.html
“I have realized that the past and future are real illusions, that they exist in the present, which is what there is and all there is.”  Alan Watts

Offline sam_i_am

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • AVForums Junior Member
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2020, 02:30:59 PM »
I went to the shop yesterday for a cornish pie and a coke (and a packet of cheap cigarettes - When I say cheap I mean proper branded Benson & Hedges cigarettes, not the R70 a packet RGs or Remingtons  :giggle:) ., I still need to address Kopdoek about this...

Wearing my mask and out of the corner of my eye I spot this guy also in the shop, he kinda looks familiar and he came up to me and said: "Hello Tommie" and that he just wanted to thank me for literally saving his life.... WTF, Its Tristan/ Ashley, Shaved, dressed much better, totally coherent and honestly looking dapper. He also said he could not believe that he was acting like that, running around like a crazy person (in his own words) and that he is back on his medication and also getting a shot of some sort each month. Sadly his mom and him got done in somehow and had all their funds removed from their Sassa cards by the person where they lived at but that is something I am not going to get involved in. I really hope he doesn't end up on the street again.

Remember to do a good turn, each day, good people.  :2thumbs: :groovy:

Wow, its amazing how one kind act can have such an impact in someones life

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+155)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Condition your mains to condition your ears
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2020, 05:25:42 PM »
Well done

SASSA fraud is a big problem.  Friend and his wife depend on the R1700 they receive.  On 2nd July he presented his card at an ATM and found a balance of R0,35.  Worse, when he reported it to SASSA, they accused him of fraud and opened a case

It turned out that the missing money was withdrawn about 10 mins after it was credited by someone in the Durban area

The SAPS asked for an affidavit that he lives here in Cape Town and did not by some miracle fly off to Durban (during lockdown) to withdraw the cash....!  Apparently there is a clear picture of the perp, who was at the same ATM for 30 mins with several fake cards.  Most definitely an inside job.  However, this perp maintains it was "an impostor" standing there.

Pity these guys do not use their expertise for legitimate means
Music is the shorthand of emotion