Open Chat > Social Responsibilty

Homeless guy - Part 2

(1/2) > >>

Tom:
I went to the shop yesterday for a cornish pie and a coke (and a packet of cheap cigarettes - When I say cheap I mean proper branded Benson & Hedges cigarettes, not the R70 a packet RGs or Remingtons  :giggle:) ., I still need to address Kopdoek about this...

Wearing my mask and out of the corner of my eye I spot this guy also in the shop, he kinda looks familiar and he came up to me and said: "Hello Tommie" and that he just wanted to thank me for literally saving his life.... WTF, Its Tristan/ Ashley, Shaved, dressed much better, totally coherent and honestly looking dapper. He also said he could not believe that he was acting like that, running around like a crazy person (in his own words) and that he is back on his medication and also getting a shot of some sort each month. Sadly his mom and him got done in somehow and had all their funds removed from their Sassa cards by the person where they lived at but that is something I am not going to get involved in. I really hope he doesn't end up on the street again.

Remember to do a good turn, each day, good people.  :2thumbs: :groovy:

MR.C:
Must be quite fulfilling for you to see him in a decent state.

Your efforts made a big difference, well done.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

TimbaLand:
Thatís more fulfilling than buying your dream speakers. Well done

Curlycat:
Well done Tom! It is heartwarming to read. The world needs more happy endings.
Link to part 1 https://www.avforums.co.za/index.php/topic,86470.0.html

sam_i_am:

--- Quote from: Tom on August 28, 2020, 12:19:52 AM ---I went to the shop yesterday for a cornish pie and a coke (and a packet of cheap cigarettes - When I say cheap I mean proper branded Benson & Hedges cigarettes, not the R70 a packet RGs or Remingtons  :giggle:) ., I still need to address Kopdoek about this...

Wearing my mask and out of the corner of my eye I spot this guy also in the shop, he kinda looks familiar and he came up to me and said: "Hello Tommie" and that he just wanted to thank me for literally saving his life.... WTF, Its Tristan/ Ashley, Shaved, dressed much better, totally coherent and honestly looking dapper. He also said he could not believe that he was acting like that, running around like a crazy person (in his own words) and that he is back on his medication and also getting a shot of some sort each month. Sadly his mom and him got done in somehow and had all their funds removed from their Sassa cards by the person where they lived at but that is something I am not going to get involved in. I really hope he doesn't end up on the street again.

Remember to do a good turn, each day, good people.  :2thumbs: :groovy:

--- End quote ---

Wow, its amazing how one kind act can have such an impact in someones life

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version