Audio and Video Talk > Computers & Networking

Where to buy RAM online or in greater JHB?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Rotten Johnny:

--- Quote from: ara on April 11, 2011, 08:49:38 AM ---I'm currently running 4GB non-ECC ram in one that I had lying around.

--- End quote ---
Thx Gideon.  Could you clarify RAM spec - the spec doc states: "Memory Type PC3-10600E unbuffered DDR3 ECC operating at 800MHz" and then goes on to list "HP 4GB (1x4GB) Dual Rank x8 PC3-10600 (DDR3-1333) Unbuffered CAS-9" as memory options available from HP.

Given the box's purpose I'm planning on throwing 8GB at it and I want to use the fastest RAM the board will take.

ara:
Will look tonight. I have DDR3-1333 ram in but will check at what speed they are running.

Willi:
Also try the guys at PC International on Hendrik Verwoerd in Randburg (http://www.pcint.co.za/). Most of the time, their retail prices beat what I can get directly from wholesalers.

ara:

--- Quote from: ara on April 11, 2011, 09:38:06 AM ---Will look tonight. I have DDR3-1333 ram in but will check at what speed they are running.

--- End quote ---

Well still trying to see whether I can find any FreeBSD package that can display ram speeds. Any suggestions?

LAV:
I have heard good things about PC International. I have ordered from Prophecy quite a few times. Their service rocks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version