Audio and Video Talk > General Discussion

Internet Radio Stations - Who else listens to them?

(1/13) > >>

Family_Dog:
I would be interested in hearing from others who listen to Internet Radio stations. Obviously the quality is not up to Audiophile expectations but as far as I am concerned, it doesn't have to be, I use it for background listening and the quality is certainly not too shabby either. Many of the high bit-rate stations sound much better than any of our local FM stations that have their audio compressed to hell.

I listen to mainly Old School Classic Hits (60s, 70s, 80, 90s) and have about 50-60 of these stations stored in my 'Favourites' folder. Most of my devices use the 'Tune-In' app but what T-I displays on one device cannot necessarily be found in another (different) device at all. Some of the stations are stored under one name in T-I but another name in another device.

Other devices make use of the V-Tuner app which used to be free for users but now charges a nominal annual subscription (but only $3 per device) and certainly worthwhile.

So am I the only one who enjoy fiddling through the 100,000+ Internet Radio stations or do I have mates here?  :dop:

-F_D

Air:
I came across this station and find it lovely with an interesting playlist with lots of nice music often off the beaten path of main stream jazz.

http://www.radioswissjazz.ch/en

All I miss is some announancments about the  context of the music and artists. Seems like a general thing with internet radio.

vleisman:
I like Radio Paradise when working on the laptop and LM Radio, still need to check out that North Norfolk radio you listen to FD.

Family_Dog:
Steve, an excellent IR station is Signal 80, soon to be renamed "Greatest Hits radio", this and Norfolk have become my most listened-to stations. But there are plenty others as well.

Stefan, to ID music played on IR radio stations I simply use Shazam or Sound Hound, works very well!

-F_D

JonnyP:
BBC radio 6 mostly.  Sunday nights is the freak zone with Stuart Maconie and he always has something worth listening to

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version