Internet Radio Stations - Who else listens to them?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Family_Dog

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
I would be interested in hearing from others who listen to Internet Radio stations. Obviously the quality is not up to Audiophile expectations but as far as I am concerned, it doesn't have to be, I use it for background listening and the quality is certainly not too shabby either. Many of the high bit-rate stations sound much better than any of our local FM stations that have their audio compressed to hell.

I listen to mainly Old School Classic Hits (60s, 70s, 80, 90s) and have about 50-60 of these stations stored in my 'Favourites' folder. Most of my devices use the 'Tune-In' app but what T-I displays on one device cannot necessarily be found in another (different) device at all. Some of the stations are stored under one name in T-I but another name in another device.

Other devices make use of the V-Tuner app which used to be free for users but now charges a nominal annual subscription (but only $3 per device) and certainly worthwhile.

So am I the only one who enjoy fiddling through the 100,000+ Internet Radio stations or do I have mates here?  :dop:

-F_D