Phono stage "Le Pacific"

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vinyljan

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
I decided to scale down on equipment somewhat, reconnected my Boozhound phono stage and was pleasantly surprised.  The Boozhound relies on the Le Pacific JFET MM schematic, but PIO (paper in oil) caps are used.  Gain is about 40dB.  Due to the simplicity of the schematic I'm thinking of building some, maybe tweaking it/add on  in the process.  Looking at options of building on a stripboard, but it might be nice (and a learning experience)  to have some PCB's made :thinking:  .  Proper PCB's would also allow for a relatively easy build that might encourage other members to try DIY as basic components should be readily obtainable.

A.  How do one go about designing a PCB for this schematic, keeping in mind that I'll probably not use design software lots again in future.  Any worthwhile free software that I can use on a tablet?  Once a design is done, who then to use for manufacturing? 

B.  The amp requires 12-24V and I'm thinking of using rechargeable batteries to power it.  That would mean that the charging stage is always connected to mains (with a battery protection circuit that prevents the batteries from over charging).  Once I "switch the unit on" it disconnects mains and runs from the batteries?

Any input appreciated

Latest posts