Audio and Video Talk > Computers & Networking

How do you e-mail a sound file?

<< < (3/3)

Steerpike:
Even 5 mins in .WAV format is a huge file from an e-mail point of view. PKZIP, RAR etc. don't get a good compression ratio at all when used on audio data.

If it HAS to be a non-lossy compression, it will still be a big file - no matter which codec you choose, so you'll just have to accept a long send/receive time.

I hate anyone sending me e-mail attachments over about 100kB. It's far more 'socially correct' to put large files on a web site or ftp server and email people the URL. (unless they specifically request a particular large file)

skollie:

--- Quote from: Steerpike on April 09, 2011, 11:45:24 PM ---Even 5 mins in .WAV format is a huge file from an e-mail point of view. PKZIP, RAR etc. don't get a good compression ratio at all when used on audio data.

If it HAS to be a non-lossy compression, it will still be a big file - no matter which codec you choose, so you'll just have to accept a long send/receive time.

I hate anyone sending me e-mail attachments over about 100kB. It's far more 'socially correct' to put large files on a web site or ftp server and email people the URL. (unless they specifically request a particular large file)

Agree absolutely!

Digital is the Devil incarnate.

mafioso

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version