Audio and Video Talk > Computers & Networking

How do you e-mail a sound file?

(1/3) > >>

skollie:
Can anyone please advise how to send a short 5min wav sound file? Someone asked me a few days ago to send him a soundfile and try as I may, my computer keeps blocking it - both to the person who wants the file and also to myself to hear if it works.

I have managed to send a file once but can't remember how to do it again. In this instance, I recorded also just one track from a CD and I think I used Nero but I'm not sure.

With the present 5min file, I recorded it from a record, using my usual recording software which is MAGIX AudioLab15. I managed to send the file to "My Recent Documents" and I can play it from there. If I click on it, it opens and plays in the latest version of Windows Media Player.

Thanks

mafioso

Rotten Johnny:
Encode it to FLAC and then send it -it'll be around 50% smaller.

skollie:
OK, Thks

I'll try this.

mafioso

Shonver:
If you had some web space you could upload it via ftp connection and then just send him the url.

skollie:

--- Quote from: Shonver on April 09, 2011, 05:17:03 PM ---If you had some web space you could upload it via ftp connection and then just send him the url.

--- End quote ---

Hi folks

I somehow managed it. The file is only one track of about 5mins so I kept it in WAV, burned a disc and somehow managed to send its file, first to myself ;D to try it out and then to the bloke who wanted it. The track opens in WMP and is an unadulterated needledrop made on the 301 sitting behind my head, Grace 727 arm, Rotel RC-980BX pre and that pimped Shure M75EDM with the bits of tortoise. If anyone wants to hear it, ask here or send me a pm.

Cheers

mafioso

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version