Amp build for a young DJ

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mongoose

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
Awe all

So yesterday I visited my sister out out in Strandfontein, I havent seen her in roughly two years. Long story. I then found out my nephew is a dj, and goes by the name DJ Joshie R, quite talented if i may say so. Was anxious to see his setup. But I was rather dissapointed by what I saw. Nothing like we use to have back in the day. Didnt see any turntables, just a laptop and some stupid little thingy mebob that looked like mini turntables, no crates of lp's, no tape deck with a bag of tapes, no amps, no 15" bass bins, and no 12" mids. NOTHING! of the sought. Single mom thing i guess. Regardless, his quite talented, and seems to be able to hold a crowd. Apparently he doesnt play at very large venues, so this limits his earning potential. Asked him why and he showed me his system. A small little 5.1 surround sound system  :facepalm: DJ Joshie R has featured on Goodhope FM, unsure if it was a live recording, probably pre recorded, and he has a Youtube channel with a small amount of followers and some vids, okay 4 vids. This got me thinking. I wanna do a small amp build, something that can take alot of abuse, with a output power of roughly 100-150w per channel. Something similar to the old Autona amp modules. Yebo no longer sells the 150w mosfet modules or else I would have gone for that. Speakers I will try and sought at a later stage, even if its just two 12" mids.

Any ideas as to what I can put together for him with parts thats easily available?

I dont have a facebook account anymore, yes Im to blame for that. But if you Google DJ Joshie R, im sure you will be able to check him out. Im more than willing to accept a old store bought stereo amp and speakers lurking in the basement or roof that will do the job  :BWAHAHAH:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/djjoshier/posts/

107008136_743390112888067_1494059372738222648_o.jpg

Cheers

Latest posts