Author Topic: Cheap HUGE 75inch Aim tv  (Read 403 times)

Offline Razr

Cheap HUGE 75inch Aim tv
« on: August 24, 2020, 05:57:32 PM »
Hi guys I've been looking at the pnp hyper specials and notice they have a 75 inch Aim 4k tv for R12k I'm thinking its ridiculously cheap and probably terrible. but I've not gone and had a look at the tv

they even have a 65 inch non smart tv for R6500 also crazy cheap. how do they sell them so cheap and are they any good

I've got a lg 65 inch thats pretty good and I want either the 65 or 75 aim as a 2nd tv should I steer clear or go have a look, I don't expect it to be near the lg in pic quality but will they be unwatchable 

I'm hoping some one here has seen the tvs , I don't live near a hyper and don't want to make a unnecesary trip in these covid times

heres a link to the specials

https://pnp-hybris-media-prod.s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/media/2020/catalogues/wk26/Core/HYNTPH20524_04_24082020_06092020_More+Saving+at+Pick+n+Pay+Hypermarkets.pdf
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 06:25:37 PM by Razr »

Offline Des Miles

Re: Cheap HUGE 75inch Aim tv
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2020, 01:58:56 PM »

Hi there. I've seen the Aim 75" TV at pnp and I was very impressed, looked damn good to me. I compared it to other sets that were on display there and I could not fault the picture quality, but then I'm no TV expert. I guess most people will tell you not to buy it as Aim is a pnp brand and therefore can't be any good, stick to Samsung, LG etc.  As a second TV for that price and size, I was tempted myself.
I know you don't want to go out unnecessary but you must go and see it for yourself.
I saw Sputnik, well... actually the booster rocket that went into orbit with it!!

Offline Razr

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2020, 03:14:46 PM »
Thanks for the input Des it sounds really good and at the price I'm very tempted , ill make plans to go and have a look at it since you say the pic quality looked good

and its got a 3 year warranty so it can't be too bad build quality 

Online naboo

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2020, 07:36:19 PM »
I have a cheap Sinotec 4k. My biggest complaint when compared to my Samsung is that the cheaper one isn't bright enough. Where I use it is fine though, and once the sun is down there are no issues, so perhaps check the brightness, and consider where you'll put it.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Offline Des Miles

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2020, 09:55:18 PM »

Just a heads-up. "Incredible Connection" have a special at the moment, LG 65" smart TV, active 4K HDR , Bluetooth etc., Have a look at this guys, 65" is still big for any room and it's LG. Price is R 10999-00!!
I saw Sputnik, well... actually the booster rocket that went into orbit with it!!

Offline DKNY

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2020, 08:57:32 PM »
The price is really attractive.  Granted, some of the prices we pay for these TVs are merely for the brand.  However there are things to look out for.  Look for refresh rate close to 120 Hz as that is good for high definition movies and sports.  Another thing to pay attention to is the number of HDMI ports.  3 to 4 should be fine for optionality.  Good luck with the purchase.