Author Topic: <R6000 Speaker Shootout Challenge - We need an All Round Winner  (Read 1603 times)

Offline iondb

Re: <R6000 Speaker Shootout Challenge - We need an All Round Winner
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2020, 10:56:04 AM »
Here is another odd-ball option as well, the Castle Knight series bookshelves: https://www.soundwarehouse.co.za/products/castle-knight-2-bookshelf-speakers-pair

Offline Katji

« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2020, 11:02:38 AM »
Why has it been changed, worse?  "Best value"?...VFM...A 20K or 40K speaker can be good value.

Offline Katji

« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2020, 11:07:56 AM »
Yes, Castle Knight 2 should be there - definitely good VFM, based on many good opinions here over the years, and they always go quickly in the ads.

Offline stereosane

« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2020, 12:25:58 PM »
I'll grab the Knight 2 before any on that list. If you like a smooth easy sound with an incredible soundstage these are for you.

I've put them up against a lot of speakers when I owned them and for there price they are to me the biggest bargain of note. I'm going to grab a pair again when one comes up 2and hand again..

Offline KMX1

Re: &lt;R6000 Speaker Shootout Challenge - We need an All Round Winner
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2020, 12:45:18 PM »
I'll grab the Knight 2 before any on that list. If you like a smooth easy sound with an incredible soundstage these are for you.

I've put them up against a lot of speakers when I owned them and for there price they are to me the biggest bargain of note. I'm going to grab a pair again when one comes up 2and hand again..
Have you ever heard a set of FR100s for comparison

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Katji

« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2020, 12:52:48 PM »
How's the bass with them? ... "Freq Range at -6 dB 42 hz" seems good?

Offline stereosane

« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2020, 03:19:28 AM »
Have you ever heard a set of FR100s for comparison

Yes I also owned the FR100, I preferred the Castle sound, more refined with deeper bass and better sound staging. The
FR100  seems very amplifier friendly where the Castle will prefer a more neutral or lively amp.

Offline stereosane

« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2020, 03:21:24 AM »
How's the bass with them? ... "Freq Range at -6 dB 42 hz" seems good?

Bass was great, not the most Dynamic Bass but very impactful and deep.

Offline KMX1

« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2020, 02:29:41 PM »
Castle Knight 2 Bookshelf Speakers (Pair) as a late entry is doing exceptionally well.  I for one did not know about them before this thread and now believe them to be strong contender for the FR100.  I am now completely in two minds. 

Offline stereosane

« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2020, 02:40:02 PM »
They both highly rated speakers.

What amp are going to use on them? You'll need to try hear both, they are a bit different sounding but I dont think you can go wrong with either.

Offline LC

« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2020, 03:24:02 PM »
I don't know which bright spark changed the voting from 1 vote to 3 votes per member? That totally screwed up this experiment. I voted once, but cannot vote another 2 times. "New" arrivals to this thread can vote 3 times. That scewes the results a bit.  :envy:

Once a poll starts, the goal posts should never be moved ...

Offline Katji

« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2020, 03:38:08 PM »
Castle Knight 2 Bookshelf Speakers (Pair) as a late entry is doing exceptionally well.  I for one did not know about them before this thread and now believe them to be strong contender for the FR100.  I am now completely in two minds.
Search the forum.  ...

Offline KMX1

« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2020, 05:26:47 PM »
They both highly rated speakers.

What amp are going to use on them? You'll need to try hear both, they are a bit different sounding but I dont think you can go wrong with either.
I do not have a very specific amp to use them on they may move from my Nad, Yamaha and future stereo amps I may acquire.

Offline KMX1

« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2020, 11:21:30 AM »
I don't know which bright spark changed the voting from 1 vote to 3 votes per member? That totally screwed up this experiment. I voted once, but cannot vote another 2 times. "New" arrivals to this thread can vote 3 times. That scewes the results a bit.  :envy:

Once a poll starts, the goal posts should never be moved ...
It was 3 votes from the beginning of the Poll - that never changed. I am the “Bright Spark”

Offline juventino

« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2020, 12:45:52 PM »
It was 3 votes from the beginning of the Poll - that never changed. I am the “Bright Spark”

I was only allowed to vote once
Listening put on hold for a while, but end game reached. Couldnt be happier with my system. Next will be new room tweaks.