Open Chat > Open Talk

Quote of the Day

(1/43) > >>

BJ:
So we have Joke of the Day, Pic of the Day....
How about Quote of the Day

There are some great inspirational Ones by Famous and Anonymous alike...

Let's share

I will kick off with this One:

" ... avoid people who play victim of problems that they have created..."
Anonymous

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

chrisc:
I'm a William Shakespeare fan, and have repeated so many quotes of his, that they are not so inspiring any more, so mathematics instead

So:  "Millions saw the apple fall, but Newton asked why"

— Bernard Baruch, American financier and philanthropist

JonnyP:
One of my favourites as it was effectively telling the authorities to take a flying leap at a rolling doughnut:

‘Eppur si muove” - Galileo

Basically translates to albeit it still moves, this is what he said immediately after being forced to recant the blasphemy that the Earth moves around the Sun and not vice versa which the Vatican wanted to keep pushing for reasons of the usual human condition.  The said condition being believing that as they were in charge, what they said had to ALL be taken as the word of the divine.  A bit like some governments!

Trompie67:
I'm a fan of ancient Roman quotes - Marcus Aurelius in particular.

This is not from him though, but from Roman General Vegetius (Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus).

The original phrase was "Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." which translates to "Therefore let him who desires peace get ready for war".

It is most often abbreviated to "Si vi pacem para bellum" - translates to "If you want peace, prepare for war".

Phase:

--- Quote from: BJ on July 24, 2020, 04:12:00 PM ---So we have Joke of the Day, Pic of the Day....
How about Quote of the Day

There are some great inspirational Ones by Famous and Anonymous alike...

Let's share

I will kick off with this One:

" ... avoid people who play victim of problems that they have created..."
Anonymous

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

When duly warned, stay well away!

Thanks Ben, lesson well learnt!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version