Universal GCam - works on any android phone

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1447

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Just a quick heads up

We had discussed this earlier about the Google camera as used on Pixel phones - the guys at Gizchina have launched a new version of GCam 7.4 that is not phone specific - only one condition to be met is that your phone needs to have Camera2api installed and operating - and it will then be able to use this version of GCam which also includes 4k @ 60fps video capability ..... i tried this and it gives amazing video quality just not sure about file sizes but i only tried a 10 second recording so far - and it looks brilliant

photos are also topnotch with the app and it just simply installed on my phone and worked from the beginning - so hopefully it will do this for any and every android phone with Camera2api support

so heres the link to the article and download links

https://www.gizchina.com/2020/07/22/how-to-install-gcam-7-4-mod-in-all-android-smartphones/

if all the features work on your phone and there are no incompatibilities then this is definitely better than your phones stock app - especially the night sight mode which is nothing short of remarkable

good luck to anyone who tries it - hope it works as well on your phone as it does on mine - and remember that this version is not phone specific ie it doesnt care which phone it is installed in as long as it sees the Camer2api application programming interface  :thumbs:

lets see some of the great pics you take with this app  :thumbs:

Latest posts