Just finished a massive task...

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rodney_gold

R.I.P. 5 June 2018
Reaction score
Ripping , cataloguing , tagging and finding decent album art for 1880 Cd's, 830 artists and 23 000 tracks' , all FLAC.
Problem is using Freedb etc - what the ripping program uses ...often its classifications are not that great - for eg all stereophile albums are not grouped under Stereophile , but a zillion artists as are all compilations or collaborations - so often looking up an artist - instead of like 5 albums , you get 300 entries - makes selection a pain. Apart from which , often the ripping program wouldnt find album art for esoteric and lesser known albums/artists.
I sort of simplified stuff , I listed compilations under the "record" label instead of artist for the audiophile stuff  - like Chesky , linn etc - so if I want to find all Chesky cd's , its easier (Im using squeezeboxen and a transporter - using Squeezecentre)
Apart from the ripping , this task took the better of 3 days. As to ripping , I bought 2 external cd rom drives and ripped 4 cd's simultaneously , 3 on my main puter rig and one on my laptop - using DB poweramps and accuraterip - it didnt take long.
If anyone in CT wants , I can help to show you how to properly "rip" your collection .... puter based music is the future
I also have a TON of stuff in MP3 format , more rock and stuff I don't really like like mettalica , crash test dummies , crowded house , judas priest - all 192+ bitrates - some dupes of my stuff , some I got elsewhere - I'm loathe to delete it .. also tagged etc. Bout 180 artists , 500 albums  and 12000 songs.

Latest posts