Author Topic: Marantz AV receiver SR5004.Advice needed  (Read 185 times)

Offline eldene

Marantz AV receiver SR5004.Advice needed
« on: June 29, 2020, 06:45:11 PM »
Good day to everyone.
This receiver's power led flashes once every second when i hit the power switch, and refuses to turn on.
If anyone could help with some advice before i send it in for repairs to HFX systems. Im in the Northern cape and i want to try to prevent sending it with the couriers to JHB. Hfx is also not cheap when it comes to repairs and no one in Kimberley wants to repair it. I have zero experience in this field.
I have disconnected all cables going to the amp besides the power cable and still no luck.
Thank you

Sent from my SM-A720F using Tapatalk

Don't try and fool an old fool

Offline eldene

Re: Marantz AV receiver SR5004.Advice needed
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 06:47:00 PM »

Good day to everyone.
This receiver's power led flashes once every second when i hit the power switch, and refuses to turn on.
If anyone could help with some advice before i send it in for repairs to HFX systems. Im in the Northern cape and i want to try to prevent sending it with the couriers to JHB. Hfx is also not cheap when it comes to repairs and no one in Kimberley wants to repair it. I have zero experience in this field.
I have disconnected all cables going to the amp besides the power cable and still no luck.
Thank you
Im not sure if i placed this in the appropriate section if not will the mods please move it to the correct section.
Thank you

Offline Andile

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2020, 07:08:04 PM »
Tried hard reset on it?
Marantz SR7013 | Denon DVD2500BT | Yamaha NS-F700 | Audioquest HDMI | Supra Quattro 4.0 Speaker Cables

Offline eldene

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 07:10:04 PM »
Tried hard reset on it?
Andile are you referring to by unplugging it for  a while?

Offline Andile

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2020, 07:19:49 PM »
Andile are you referring to by unplugging it for  a while?

No, I'm referring to resetting to factory default.
Marantz SR7013 | Denon DVD2500BT | Yamaha NS-F700 | Audioquest HDMI | Supra Quattro 4.0 Speaker Cables

Offline mariusc

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2020, 07:25:08 PM »
Standby LED flashing fast or slow?
Anyway, try the factory reset: Switch off the unit. Then hold down Surround, Exit, Memory & Clear buttons all together and then switch on the power.

Offline eldene

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2020, 07:41:08 PM »
Standby LED flashing fast or slow?
Anyway, try the factory reset: Switch off the unit. Then hold down Surround, Exit, Memory & Clear buttons all together and then switch on the power.
I tried all of the above no luck but while reading the owner's manual they suggest using the remote to turn it on an it worked.  Wow i am so relieved thank you Andile and Maruis. I hope it stays this way. Thank you guys.

Offline eldene

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2020, 07:42:07 PM »

I tried all of the above no luck but while reading the owner's manual they suggest using the remote to turn it on an it worked.  Wow i am so relieved thank you Andile and Maruis. I hope it stays this way. Thank you guys.

Offline Andile

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2020, 07:43:33 PM »

That's great news!! Enjoy  :thumbs:

Offline eldene

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2020, 07:45:03 PM »
That's great news!! Enjoy  :thumbs:
Thanks so much

Offline fredeb

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2020, 04:01:13 AM »

By the sound of things you need to clean the insides of the power button . @Bravick (Gideon) is in Kimberley , ask him if he would service the unit for you .
...evolution is the gradual development and stratification of progressive series of wholes, stretching from the inorganic beginnings to the highest level of spiritual creation.
Jan Smuts

Offline Vince MacMahon

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2020, 05:50:42 AM »
Glad you are sorted,

On agents, HFX, they arenít always unreasonable. (Depends on what parts needs to be ordered). A friend had sent an older model unit and paid R1600 including new parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Marantz - B&W - SVS - AudioQuest

Offline eldene

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2020, 10:12:34 AM »
By the sound of things you need to clean the insides of the power button . @Bravick (Gideon) is in Kimberley , ask him if he would service the unit for you .
Thanks for the advice.  I know Gideon very well . He travels alot and doesn't seem to really get time but i will ask him.
Thank you

Offline eldene

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2020, 10:15:33 AM »
Glad you are sorted,

On agents, HFX, they arenít always unreasonable. (Depends on what parts needs to be ordered). A friend had sent an older model unit and paid R1600 including new parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I did actually contact them Friday but the technician was not at work but luckily its sorted now.
Thanks