Author Topic: Help with Cambridge Audio Stream Magic 6  (Read 273 times)

Offline matomehb

Help with Cambridge Audio Stream Magic 6
« on: June 29, 2020, 05:48:53 PM »
I bought the CA Stream Magic 6 about 2 months ago from a very wonderful forumite....he offers me great music from his tube HiFi whenever I visit him....I mean serious stuff...plus a stiff double of Whiskey...always...

Problem is that I am struggling to link the DAC to my WiFi arrangement...he tried to coach me but both of us belong to the stone age of ICT.....and I am significantly younger than him and worse off....digitally speaking...he's an engineer and I am a manjikalani...you see.... :walled:

Please help me....I'll drive to your joint anywhere in Gauteng to set it up for me....costs will be taken care of......

Thanks

Offline naks

Re: Help with Cambridge Audio Stream Magic 6
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 05:50:36 PM »
what are you trying to do exactly? it's not very clear from your post.

Does this help?

This unit does NOT have built-in WiFi, so you need a USB WiFi dongle. Alternatively, and preferably, use Ethernet.
LG OLED55C7, Oppo UDP-203, Cambridge Audio CXR200, PSB Imagine T2 towers (bi-amped), PSB Image C5 centre, Monitor Audio Bronze FX surrounds (bipole), SVS PB-1000 sub

Offline matomehb

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2020, 08:41:41 PM »
It requires  some WAP or so codes....that's where I struggle ......

Offline naks

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 08:44:26 PM »
It requires  some WAP or so codes....that's where I struggle ......
Codes? Could you please explain to us what you are trying to do, and how you are going about doing it (preferably in a numbered list)?

I should say contact CA support, but IME, they are pretty useless.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

LG OLED55C7, Oppo UDP-203, Cambridge Audio CXR200, PSB Imagine T2 towers (bi-amped), PSB Image C5 centre, Monitor Audio Bronze FX surrounds (bipole), SVS PB-1000 sub

Offline Regatel

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2020, 01:01:33 PM »
Using a Stream Magic on a wired connection and have not had any issues with it.  Will see if I can connect it to WiFi and there is anything I can help you with later.  Checked now and not seeing any setting on the mobile app so guess it needs to be done on the physical device.

Offline Regatel

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2020, 01:02:58 PM »
Checked in the documentation quickly.  The WAP code is your Wifi password, badly named

Offline matomehb

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2020, 02:26:30 PM »
Thank you Regatel. I'll keep on trying....

Offline ish

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2020, 06:31:47 AM »
what are you trying to do exactly? it's not very clear from your post.

Does this help?

This unit does NOT have built-in WiFi, so you need a USB WiFi dongle. Alternatively, and preferably, use Ethernet.

The unit has a built in WiFi
used it for internet radio .
Even connected it to radio while we tested it and it worked
Ish
Never give up ,never slow down,never grow old, never ever die young (James Taylor)

Offline Regatel

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2020, 02:09:56 PM »
Did you manage to get this connected?  I tried connecting mine to the WiFi and it was not very user friendly to get it going

Offline Regatel

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2020, 02:13:51 PM »
Below is the sequence I had to follow:
Move the Stream Magic close to the WiFi router to ensure you have a good signal for setting it up
Scroll to settings
Select Network
Set it to Auto between Wired and Wifi
Go back
Go to Select Network
When it asks for WAP code press the volume button to go to the screen to enter the Wifi password
The stop button can be used to delete any incorrect entries
When you are done scroll to the enter signal (arrow) at the bottom of the list and press the volume button

Hope this helps