Author Topic: Skyline diffusers  (Read 585 times)

Offline Agaton Sax

Re: Skyline diffusers
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2020, 08:23:15 PM »
Hi Timber. Like anyone with extremely limited knowledge , I can be extremely opinionated. The less I know the more opinions I seem to have. Unlike you I know just enough  to be dangerous ,so usually bumble into cul de sacs to start over from scratch. Fortunately my ears usually overrule my somewhat confused brain

I too absolutely hated foam . However my room was simply getting too dead,so I stumbled on the Vicoustic wood covered panels that can be seen in the photos before. They were fantastic, so good I sommer bought 12! It was as if a somber room developed a bright sparkling smile. So impressed was I that I tore out 3 large Acoustic Panels Mellosorbers. Imagine my horror when I discovered my new found friends were stuffed with foam!

Likewise I bought the grey absorbers  in the other room shown above from Achim. They are Andes from artNovion. They transferred that horror of a room and...they are foam, very cleverly applied foam but foam!

Offline AlleyCat

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2020, 09:59:09 PM »
Here's an oldie, but a goodie :

Hearing is Believing - The Ultimate Small Mixing & Mastering Room ( a RealTraps/Ethan Winer video) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB8H0HFMylo&feature=youtu.be

Explains the various types, use & application of, with measurements (REW graphs- waterfall, time & frequency response, etc) and explanations of each with/without each type of acoustic treatment used/not used.

NB : Demonstrations are given playing music with/without the different acoustic treatments, various genres. Excellently done.

Simple, educational and effective. Worthwhile watching.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 10:21:37 PM by AlleyCat »
"Not everything meaningful is measurable, and not everything measurable is meaningful" - Floyd Toole

Offline AlleyCat

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2020, 10:15:07 PM »
^^^ Sorry, posted in the wrong thread, should be in " Can One Over Treat A Room. "
"Not everything meaningful is measurable, and not everything measurable is meaningful" - Floyd Toole