Can one over treat the room

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimbaLand

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hi guys

I have been busy with a project to finish my home theatre and one of the things I wanted or want to get right is acoustics. I did a lot of reading and as much as acoustic treatment is a science and guy even find calculators I also realised that it?s also an art. More like photography (You can go to photography clasp but a bit of creativity is still needed and that they don?t teach in class). As much as acoustic treatment is encouraged there?s a lot of talk about not killing the room and the music with too much treatment.

When is acoustic treatment too much. I have seen some rooms make use of absorbers and diffusers to tame the room but not kill it. My simple logic still struggle to understand the logic behind diffusers. I have attached a picture Ethan Winer?s room and it is heavily treated and I think some would classify this as over treatment. I have treated my 1st and 2nd reflection points and I still have a bit of slap echo. My ceiling is not treated yet and was thinking that?s the last part to treat but I don?t want to ?kill? the life of the music. Your input would be appreciated
2c206fcf390081a8dfb09a3ab347d34e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts