Bentley>Klipsch

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nikkel

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
For the entry level guys? I think??

I was in the market for a new set of floorstanders and with my miniscule budget was looking at getting a set of Yamaha NS-F51?s to replace my +- 6year old Sony SS-F6000?s.

Aaah the Sony?s, and unspoken sin on the forum but they were great speakers nonetheless!
Source would be my i7 6700k gaming pc and JRiver MC26 via USB to Nuprime uDSD? from there its RCA out to Yamaha A-S501 stereo integrated and a Sony  active sub for love of bass?

The speakers I bought wasn?t even remotely on my mind as an option but a Remedytec flash sale had a say in things and I ended up getting a set of Klipsch R-610F speakers

At 1st I thought how can this single single 6? driver plus tweeter outplay the Sony?s I had with multiple drivers?
It simply brushed the Sony?s aside without any effort. I?m amazed at how low these go to a point where they make my knotty pine roof rattle on the same volume my Sony?s did WITH SUBWOOFER SWITCHED ON! Yes, I haven?t switched on sub since hooking up the Klipsch.

There?s a whole different dynamic to these speakers? my comprehension?s not good enough to explain my experience? the louder they go, the more things change and Judy said at about  80hrs or so they should show their own? I?m in love already?or should I say gobsmacked :angel: