Mantech Cape Town - bad experience

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArtiB

AVForums Member
Reaction score
I had a frustratingly awful experience at Mantech Cape Town branch yesterday and will be personally boycotting them from now on.

Called on Thursday to confirm stock of an item for my non-AV project. Problem started right there - two calls transferred to sales just went dead. Either switchboard is faulty or the operator is. Third call asked for sales person to call me - which they did, to their credit.

Took the afternoon off to collect said item and a few other bits. Got there and to find a 5 or so long queue. OK nothing to worry about there except that the 3 sales staff are each taking an absolute age to deal with each customer. Suddenly 3 become 1. After more than an hour it?s my turn. Decent assistance from sales person, asked to wait while my parts are collected. Another 15 minutes to be told the R45 item I have taken leave to fetch, driven across town, waited 90 minutes by now is in fact not to be found anywhere. Had a word with the manager and will not deal with Mantech again. 

Of course YMMV.

Arthur