Author Topic: Samsung Q60R - worth the R11k Makro wants?  (Read 1319 times)

Offline KenMasters

Re: Samsung Q60R - worth the R11k Makro wants?
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2020, 02:49:11 PM »
Well if the problem continues after the service call I'm going to tell them to take this tv back I've been battling for months.

Its a known issue and they didn't disclose it.....Apparently samsung in SA doesn't know anything about this problem I had to go and point it out to them.

From what I understand from your posts, it's not an issue, it's normal operation. Switch to SDR if you don't like it (you can change your Netflix sub for the internal app and you can set "Input Signal Plus" to off do you won't get HDR from external devices), then you can play with the brightness of the image as much as you like.

Otherwise consider swapping it out for a FALD display (the 2019 and below Samsungs actually lift the PQ-EOTF so the image is brighter than it should be by default).
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 02:51:51 PM by KenMasters »

Offline reeman

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Yellow cones are for.......
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2020, 04:19:13 PM »
Thanks Ken.

I have tried turning that setting off on the input signal plus but the issue still remains.

Sorry don't mean to hi jack the thread.

Offline KenMasters

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2020, 04:29:32 PM »
Thanks Ken.

I have tried turning that setting off on the input signal plus but the issue still remains.

The issue remains in SDR? Have you tried adjusting the gamma along with raising the backlight?

Online Vince MacMahon

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2020, 04:39:39 PM »
Ken thought of sending you a PM but hindsight, someone might also benefit.

Does Apple TV “content matching” help at all? With switching between SDR and HDR?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Marantz - B&W - SVS - AudioQuest

Offline KenMasters

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2020, 05:40:35 PM »
Ken thought of sending you a PM but hindsight, someone might also benefit.

Does Apple TV “content matching” help at all? With switching between SDR and HDR?

If you don't switch on the two content matching options, the Apple TV will output the signal type (SDR / HDR) and framerate (60/50Hz) you selected for the device. If you switch content matching and framerate matching to on (and set output to 4K SDR) the Apple TV will output all content in the correct format at the correct framerate.

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+156)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Condition your mains to condition your ears
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2020, 09:41:37 AM »
I have heard this excuse before - "We are unaware of the problem"

I think this is a euphemism for "Please don't bother us".   In France between 2008 and 2011, it was proved that many Samsung TVs had incorrectly specified capacitors in the power-supply circuit, resulting in many premature failures
Music is the shorthand of emotion

Offline vsingh

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2020, 11:43:15 AM »
Well if the problem continues after the service call I'm going to tell them to take this tv back I've been battling for months.

Its a known issue and they didn't disclose it.....Apparently samsung in SA doesn't know anything about this problem I had to go and point it out to them.
I have being trying to replicate your problem but just don't see it. My setup is always on game mode, not sure if you want to try that?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk