SABC Rescues

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mafioso

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Two of 5 Nagra recorders bought about 10 or 12 years ago from an Eddie Coetzee auction. They were in storage all these years - dirty and dusty, just as the SABC left them. After a bit of workshop TLC, both are almost presentable. The vandals at the SABC left corrosive D-cells in them and this mess took a lot of cleaning-up.

I recently bought some 7" reels and tape for them, made 4 tape spool nuts a la Nagra pattern and have just finished building an external powersupply for the 4.2. The 'modulometer' on the 4.2 had no glass and after some messing about, managed to make and fit a new glass.

I have also made up some i/c's for both to plumb into a system and (illegally) taped almost a complete 'Dis Opera' from RSG the other Sunday night with most startling results.

Earlier, I used the red machine one Sunday morning with a good Shure 565SD Unisphere mic, recording part of the annual bikers' Toy Run going past my house, scaring the dog witless.

mafioso

Attachments

• IMG_2002.JPG
    IMG_2002.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_1943.JPG
    IMG_1943.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 102

Latest posts