Adding Quotation marks automatically to a document

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisflex

R.I.P. 23 March 2022
Reaction score
In this case I  have a text copy of  The Penguin Dictionary of Modern Quotations

to be able to add this to my Windows  based MagicMirror each quote has to be separated in quotations like this

"I faced quite a few challenging times, and in front of those, I was more positive than some people not facing those conditions. I'm actually of the belief now that it is that struggle that offers you that open-hearted hope. ~ K'naan",
"So there was a fire inside me. And that fire inside you, it can be turned into a negative form or a positive form. And I gradually realised that I had this fire and that it had to be used in a positive way. ~ John Newcombe",
"I can walk into a room and create a good ambience. I was taught all about this back when I studied acting. One of the things they would teach you is how to send out positive signals when you enter a room. I am glad I learned this. ~ Jean Reno",
"Very gifted people, they win and they win, and they are told that they win because they are a winner. That seems like a positive thing to tell children, but ultimately, what that means is when they lose, it must make them a loser. ~ Joshua Waitzkin",
"I collect crystals and gemstones, and I've been collecting them since I was a little girl. They give me positive energy and strength. They make me feel connected to the earth. I cherish them. ~ Isabel Lucas",
"Failure is enriching. It's also important to accept that you'll make mistakes - it's how you build your expertise. The trick is to learn a positive lesson from all of life's negative moments. ~ Alain Ducasse",
"So, we have choice, and sometimes it seems very hard, but the best way to heal physically or emotionally is to keep positive. ~ Petra Nemcova",

The problem is the the text  file looks like this

What it comes down to is this: the grocer, the butcher, the baker, the merchant, the landlord, the druggist, the liquor dealer, the policeman, the doctor, the city father and the politician ? these are the people who make money out of prostitution, these are the real reapers of the wages of sin.ibid. ch. 9

Theodor W. Adorno (1903?69)GERMAN PHILOSOPHER, SOCIOLOGIST AND MUSICOLOGISTA member of the Frankfurt School of philosophy, he was associated with the Frankfurt Institute for Social Research from 1928 before fleeing the Nazis to the USA. He returned to Frankfurt to assume the post of Director of the Institute (1958?69). His publications include The Dialectic of Enlightenment (1947) and The Philosophy of Modern Music (1949).

Technology is making gestures precise and brutal, and with them men. It expels from movements all hesitation, deliberation, civility.Minima Moralia , pt 1 (dated 1944), ?Do Not Knock? (1951, transl. G.F.N. Jephcott, 1978)

True thoughts are those alone which do not understand themselves.ibid. pt 3 (dated 1946?7), ?Monograms?

Culture is only true when implicitly critical, and the mind which forgets this revenges itself in the critics it breeds. Criticism is an indispensable element of culture.Prisms , ?Cultural Criticism and Society? (1967)

Advertising slogans See also SAATCHI AND SAATCHI.Access ? your flexible friend.Access credit card, 1980s

American Express? . . . That?ll do nicely, sir.American Express credit card, 1970s

Can you tell Stork from butter?Stork margarine, 1950s