HD 650, HD 4.5, QC 35 and RS 170

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

music nut

Reaction score
Hiya All, my first post here, I have been trolling the classifieds quite a bit, also have purchased a few items from there. I have recently got into the world of headphones in more of a serious manner than before. In the past less than a year, I have acquired 3 x headphones and a headphone amp, not all from the forum. The cans are HD 650, HD 4.5 and QC 35, the amp is Musical Fidelity V Can 2 with the mod's. I have 2 x dedicated DAC's, Allo Boss with galvanic isolation and relay attenuator and Emotiva XDA-2. I mostly stream music from Tidal (HiFi), although I do have a fair collection of FLAC music on hard drive, Tidal more convenient.

I also have Sennheiser RS 170 RF cans that I have not used until recently, in a long, long time. I was astounded when I decided to try them out again, compared to the above mentioned cans, they have really good stereo separation as well as good imaging compared to even the HD 650's, I especially like the bass option in case the track recording, is a little light at the bottom end.

My question to you CAN aficionados, is my perception in line with your experience or, do the HD 650's perhaps have more potential that I have not yet discovered, or lacking something in order to appreciate them more?

Latest posts