Open Chat > Food & Drink

[Steak] How do you like it?

(1/8) > >>

Mopy_ZA:
Medium rare for me. Got to have some juices. 

Anything well done (or beyond) can be used to make shoes.  :)

Drifter:
I'm somewhere between medium and medium/well done.
I like it juicy but I don't want blood to ooze out when I cut my steak.

I use the 3:3:3 rule when braaiing rump. If the steak is 3cm thick, then you braai it for 3 minutes on each side to get to medium rare over very hot coals. So I then double up to 3:6:6 and that ratio gets you to medium/well which is cooked through but still tender and without blood.

Hi-Phibian:

--- Quote from: Drifter on April 12, 2020, 10:33:41 AM ---I'm somewhere between medium and medium/well done.

I use the 3:3:3 rule when braaiing rump. If the steak is 3cm thick, then you braai it for 3 minutes on each side to get to medium rare over very hot coals. So I then double up to 3:6:6 and that ratio gets you to medium/well which is cooked through but still tender and without blood.

--- End quote ---

Would it be 2:2:2 and 2:2:4 for 2 cm?

Safe at home.  Not stuck at home.

Mopy_ZA:

--- Quote from: Drifter on April 12, 2020, 10:33:41 AM ---I'm somewhere between medium and medium/well done.

--- End quote ---

Did you know that the red liquid that oozes from meadium rare steak isn't blood. It is in fact a mixture of wter and myoglobin as a reaction to heat being applied to the muscle mass. Don't be put off, it is perfectly safe to eat.

Check out this article from Curiosity https://curiosity.com/topics/whats-that-red-juice-in-your-steak-hint-it-isnt-blood-curiosity/

chrisc:
Rare has more flavour

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version