Author Topic: Transistor equivelent database  (Read 1400 times)

Offline Baine Bloodhoof

Transistor equivelent database
« on: April 08, 2020, 10:04:04 PM »
Anybody know of a sight that has a equivalent listing for transistors? Would be quite helpful if they do and post it here
“Perhaps I am inclined to prejudge, I think better of the tauren than I do of orcs.”

Offline Shonver

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Criss-cross rhythms that explode with happiness
    • Elipse (under construction)
Re: Transistor equivelent database
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2020, 10:16:26 PM »
You can use the Digikey shop listing. It's not a cross-reference, but you can use the filters to narrow it down. Are you looking for anything specific?

DON'T PANIC
Capie

Offline Baine Bloodhoof

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2020, 11:27:32 PM »
You can use the Digikey shop listing. It's not a cross-reference, but you can use the filters to narrow it down. Are you looking for anything specific?

Thanx Shonver. Wasnt looking for anything specific, yet. Was just thinking of doing another amp build to keep me busy. I did find a a download link of a ebook or scanned in book called Towers International Transistor Selector. But I have now way of uploading it to the site. Could prove quite useful for the forum.

Here is the link for the download should anybody want it. You do have to register, but that shouldnt be a problem, once you registered you can download it.

https://archive.org/details/TowersInternationalTransistorSelector/page/n107/mode/2up
“Perhaps I am inclined to prejudge, I think better of the tauren than I do of orcs.”

Offline Baine Bloodhoof

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2020, 11:38:37 PM »
Now that you asked, I was actually looking for drop in replacements for 2SJ162 and 2SK1058. If anybody could help with that, it would be great  :thumbs:

Offline Hi-Phibian

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • I really prefer email, see my banner for address..
    • Croak Audio Exploration
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2020, 01:02:16 AM »
My understanding is  that different transistors can be drop in replacements in a given circuit and operation level but that does not mean they can definitely  be interchanged in another circuit.

As Shonver alludes to you would select by needed parameters for the application. 
Croak Audio
Analogue by birth, digital by design. Mostly a StereoType though known to enjoy some Mono too  http://www.croak.co.za https://instagram.com/croakaudio?igshid=1wzr83vlqtbyy

Offline Den123

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2020, 09:10:41 AM »
Old editions of the Towers book were riddled with errors. I can’t speak for later editions though.

Offline marantz123

• Forum Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • I learnt more from The Internet when it was slower
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2020, 02:01:25 AM »
My two favorite places......

el-component.com

and

alltransistors.com.

This covers Bipolars, Mosfets, Zeners, Rectifiers, IGBTs, SCRs, SMD codes, and also has an SMD code Android app for mobile use.

Very easy to use, has a search feature and lists specs, pinouts and equivalents.

Also useful is the HONEY transistor tables which among other aspects references the 2SC/2SA series of Japanese transistors to the BC equivalent which I have found very useful.

For datasheets, alldatasheet.com is very useful.

I remember the days when I longed for the Towers International Transistor Selector digest and another set of two short fat books, slightly larger than an A6 size covering discrete components and IC's. This was before the Internet arrived, and such information was like hens teeth, only the electronic component shops had these books and they wouldnt let a customer touch them and never left them on the counter. How we wanted a set of these books!! The city library had them but it was too far out of the way to go there just to look up a part. I found a set of books about a year ago, but they were in bad condition and passed on the opportunity...with the Internet bubbling over slowly with such information over the last 20 years or so, these books (hardcopy) have been superceded to an extent.

All the best!

Marantz123.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 02:14:12 AM by marantz123 »

Offline JANNAS

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2020, 11:39:02 AM »

Offline JANNAS

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2020, 11:41:20 AM »
Sorry, at the top you can select between signal, drivers, vas and output trannies

Offline Shonver

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Criss-cross rhythms that explode with happiness
    • Elipse (under construction)
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2020, 03:10:19 PM »
Sorry, at the top you can select between signal, drivers, vas and output trannies

Ooh! Nice!

DON'T PANIC
Capie