Iconic moments in your audio career

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cross_over

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
I know that there must be some amazing stories out there of members having "life changing" experiences in their audio lives. As most of us will have some time on our hands, why not share your stories with us?

In my case, the first formative experience was picking up a Hi-Fi News magazine in CNA in the 80's and reading reviews of ecotic gear like Krell and Audio Research. Reviewers like Martin Collims and Ken Kessler left a lasting impression and sowed the seeds for what would become a life long hobby.

Then forward a few years to the hi-fi shows held in the President Hotel in Cape Town in the late 80's and early 90's where I fell in love with products such as Krell, Theta and Magneplanar.

Forward to the mid 90's to the first time I met AJ van den Hul. A listening session organised by the Cape Town Hi Fi club presentrd an opportunity to meet THE MAN and experience his wisdom first hand. An absolute master and gentleman!

And then, a few years ago, I had the priveledge of meeting THE Ken Ishiwata. Just as I thought that I have seen and heard everything, he proved that I hadn't.

There were plenty of other moments like the first time I heard Apogee Diva's and the Wilson XLF's, but I think it is time for other members to share.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Latest posts