Author Topic: Watford Valves UK  (Read 617 times)

Offline Hi-Phibian

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+51)
  • I really prefer email, see my banner for address..
    • Croak Audio Exploration
Re: Watford Valves UK
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2020, 04:53:32 PM »
Irrelevant where the delay is.  You still canít get your box on time.  Takes 10 days from the world to Witspos Kempton Park.  Weeks to months or eternity from there. 

Croak Audio
Analogue by birth, digital by design. Mostly a StereoType though known to enjoy some Mono too https://wa.me/27835651236?text=AVF%20 http://www.croak.co.za

Offline HB

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2020, 12:09:24 AM »
SAPO is bankrupt. They have closed all their branches (7 in total) in the smaller towns where I live. There are only two left. Both in the major centres.
Now imagine the staff morale.  :facepalm:
When You Come to a Fork in the Road, Take it!            [Yogi Berra]

Offline Qualityten

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2020, 01:22:24 AM »
I'm still waiting in the UK for an output transformer posted via the SAPO in August 2019.  The seller eventually gave up and kindly refunded me.  I'm afraid the SAPO cannot be trusted at all.

Offline vinyljan

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2020, 06:29:43 PM »
As said, except if it's cheap, free/little postage,  you're in no hurry and you're OK if it never arrives, I'll not use any postage where SAPO is involved anymore.   

Had stuff sent with USPS.  Was fairly expensive and I understood that once it arrived in SA I'll get a new tracking number BUT then SAPO gets involved (please correct me if I'm wrong) .  Never arrived, never contacted for "another delivery attempt"  ... 141 days.

Then reordered and used USP.  Order processed 6 Dec in US, arrived in Kempton Park 8 Dec, delivered to my door 13 Dec.

Was so happy  so last order is also UPS.  Took 5 days from US to UAE.  But with everything being the way it is currently it's now been "in transit" for 16 days :thinking:

Also used Scott before for bigger transactions, highly recommended  :thumbs:

In a maximum bank turn in a normal category airplane, like a typical Cessna, everything is fine until you turn across your own wake

Offline Den123

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2020, 08:36:21 AM »
The good news is that Derek from Watford did get back to me. Goods sent. Royal Mail handed over to SAPO 5 Feb. so we wait.

Offline Moog

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2020, 06:56:41 PM »
After visiting the post office two days ago, i was informed that the goods were sent back and was provided with a tracking reference. They could not explain why no one did contact me to arrange delivery. :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:
I was impressed by Hendrix. His attitude was brilliant. Even the way he walked was amazing -

Richie Hugh Blackmore

Offline fredeb

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2020, 07:18:50 AM »
After visiting the post office two days ago, i was informed that the goods were sent back and was provided with a tracking reference. They could not explain why no one did contact me to arrange delivery. :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Yes , so it was not really the fault of Watford Valves , but of our Postal system . Watford Valves perhaps could have emailed you a tracking number as soon as the package was dispatched .

I constantly order items from abroad , still using the SA postal services . The biggest problem I have encountered , is that the delivery note does not get left . I live in a block of flats in Somerset West , sometimes I receive postal slips for an entirely different block , up the road . Often I don't  receive the slips at all .

What I try do is this : I get the tracking number ASAP . I then start tracking the package from ~ a week after it has been sent . Usually the package arrives at JimC ( International depot in Gauteng ) about a week to 10 days after it has been sent . Then the big wait starts . From that point , it takes 1-3 months for the package to go from JimC to Capemail sorting centre in Epping Industrial , and then customs processing at Capemail , and then dispatched to my local post office . I was recently told by my local post office that a package will stay with them for a month before getting sent back .

Strictly speaking , it is the responsibility of the post office to have informed you of the packages arrival . It seems that they need to fire some postmen ( the guys don't that deliver the slips ) , and replace them with people who take the responsibility of their job seriously .

https://www.17track.net/en

« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 07:20:56 AM by fredeb »
...evolution is the gradual development and stratification of progressive series of wholes, stretching from the inorganic beginnings to the highest level of spiritual creation.
Jan Smuts

Offline Den123

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2020, 10:29:45 AM »
Hi Fred
Thanks for the link. It states that the SAPO tried to deliver the parcel twice. I don't believe it for a second. It is my work address and there are always people there. I guess I will visit the post office in three weeks time.

Offline Family_Dog

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2020, 11:46:59 AM »
Track it on 17track - desktop/cell phone app - and then collect it when the app shows the parcel is at your local PO.

-F_D

-Eric

That Guy in South Africa...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vintage_tube/

Offline Den123

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2020, 12:34:45 PM »
Cool. Thanks.

Offline handsome

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2020, 02:22:54 PM »
In the days when i used SAPO i would go every week to the local post office and ask to see the delivery book and go through it to find my name. Once spotted I would then alert them to go look in the back and find my package. Otherwise, invariably it would just be returned to sender.

Nowadays I only use couriers Fedex, UPS, DHL - costs double what the goods cost at least but they always deliver and usually within 1 week....