Best VA partners

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iMercury

Reaction score
Hi all, got my Exclame quite some time ago. Partnered with CM5?s and a nice Pure DAC + Teac CD player. Added some rocket 44?s and been enjoying since. Thanks in no small part to this forum I might add.

I?ve now have the good fortune to consider a proper upgrade. I must also say I?ve been finding the whole combination a little flat of late (which does wear off somewhat about an hour in to a listening / working session).

I?m tempted to change speakers first and wonder if
A) that?s the place to start (or would I be better of switching to solid state / upgrading to a predator or similar) and
B) if anyone has advice on what the most dreamy, goosebump filled bookshelf options are - preferably that they have actually heard with the Exclame. Of course I?m always looking for bang for buck but I?m also open to pretty top end suggestions if warranted. I want to go on a trial spree.

Soundstage and clarity are key. I?m a violinist and so love listening to music I?ve played before (with all the nuances) and likewise acoustic pop and rock (snow patrol / Jeremy loops / hootie / Tracey Chapman). Occasionally something more hectic (fort minor for example)

Thanks!

Latest posts